News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

UKIP disown entire manifesto

Started by Sheilbh, January 23, 2014, 11:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Does anyone know why the Guardian thinks that repainting trains is a stupid idea?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Zanza

Quote from: Neil on January 24, 2014, 12:30:34 PM
Does anyone know why the Guardian thinks that repainting trains is a stupid idea?
Maybe they don't think it is stupid, just ridiculous in a political manifesto? Why should the government care about the color of trains? For a party that fights against the euro-bureaucracy that kind of stuff seems extremely petty minded.

Neil

Yeah, but this is the Guardian.  They believe that the government has a vital role in determining how, when and what colour to paint trains.  Shouldn't they be happy?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadImmortalMan

Lenin should decide what color the trains are.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Maximus

Quote from: Gups on January 24, 2014, 09:51:47 AM
Have you not noticed when you go abroad that the signs always refer to dogs, ctas and ferrets. Why rabbits, hamsters, gerbils and weasals get a free ride, I have no idea.
Everyone knows that rodents don't carry diseases.

Wait, weasels? Are there non-ferret weasels widely kept as pets?

Sheilbh

Nigel Farage today called the manifesto 'drivel' and the work of an 'idiot', former UKIP (now Tory) MEP David Campbell-Bannerman. He in turn basically said Farage wasn't serious as he never read the document and it was based on very serious policy meetings. When asked about the compulsory uniform for cab drivers he said that that wasn't one of his ideas but it was based on very serious policy meetings :lol:

QuoteMaybe they don't think it is stupid, just ridiculous in a political manifesto? Why should the government care about the color of trains? For a party that fights against the euro-bureaucracy that kind of stuff seems extremely petty minded.
It's not actually that surprising. The cabinet got into a fight over Eric Pickles' (Tory Local Government Minister famous for his office spending £10 000 on biscuits) desire for councils to bring back weekly bin collection, while the Lib Dems are very keen on maintaining the norm which is weekly recycling collection and fortnightly rubbish collection.

What's really absurd of course is that the cabinet's talking about this at all and remember this is a government that wanted to be the most decentralising ever :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

On the one hand they're eeeeevil super liberal racists.
On the other hand: Trains.
:hmm:

I guess in their defence...maybe this could be put down to them being realistic? They know they're never going to win an election. But if pigs fly and they get a number of seats then maybe they can make up part of a coalition, with the only conditions they can get through being the petty stuff.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 24, 2014, 10:05:21 AM
You what make terrible pets?  Rabbits.  :glare:

Nonsense.  Rabbits are awesome pets.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

re train painting:  I heartily agree with this initiative.  However, what are "traditional colors colours coulouors in the UK for trains?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

England can do with a few less third worlders.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive