Federal appeals court strikes down net neutrality rules

Started by jimmy olsen, January 14, 2014, 07:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Capetan Mihali

I was just joshin' since the grey patches covers quite a few neighborhoods, some of which are very different from garbon's actual neighborhood. :sleep:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 16, 2014, 06:28:00 PM
I was just joshin' since the grey patches covers quite a few neighborhoods, some of which are very different from garbon's actual neighborhood. :sleep:

Okay, counselor, should have thrown an "a" in there. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Except that your stats are useless because they're top internet speed rather than average.  I am annoyed with your attempt to distort.  Find me different numbers.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

katmai

"Average measured internet speed" doesn't mean average?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Agelastus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on January 17, 2014, 09:14:58 AM
I get like 3.5.  :sleep:

About 6.5 for me. Although if I wanted to I could shell out for a dearer service and possibly get into the late teens, early twenties.

And since I've got that pretty consistently, my average isn't actually that much lower.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on January 17, 2014, 09:13:35 AM
Except that your stats are useless because they're top internet speed rather than average.  I am annoyed with your attempt to distort.  Find me different numbers.
Average is the new top.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

katmai

Quote from: Agelastus on January 17, 2014, 09:37:40 AM

About 6.5 for me. Although if I wanted to I could shell out for a dearer service and possibly get into the late teens, early twenties.

I just went from 10.0 to 22.0, didn't have to pay any more since i was in such an antiquated contract that was unlimited use to now have a monthly 200gb limit.

Grey Fox

I want to move away from 6mb/no data cap to something in the ~20mb but all those tiers have data caps or the unlimited ones are very expensive.

Fucking Canada.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Yeah I researched what my usage has been for like last 6 months before deciding to move to plan i am at now. Almost hit my limit this month cause of the Steam sale :blush:

garbon

Quote from: katmai on January 17, 2014, 09:40:47 AM
Quote from: Agelastus on January 17, 2014, 09:37:40 AM

I just went from 10.0 to 22.0, didn't have to pay any more since i was in such an antiquated contract that was unlimited use to now have a monthly 200gb limit.

:hmm:

Speedtest told me I was at 16. I had no idea.