And we're back!

Main Menu

Anglos = barbarians

Started by viper37, January 12, 2014, 12:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agelastus

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 15, 2014, 08:37:18 AM
*takes a drink*

What an excellent idea; I shall have one with lunch.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

I thought that was a given in that part of the country. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Agelastus on January 15, 2014, 07:06:53 AM
the poor showing of American militias in 1812.

Pakenham might disagree with that.

QuoteIn 1814 we took a little trip
Along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Mississip.
We took a little bacon and we took a little beans
And we caught the bloody British in the town of New Orleans.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2014, 09:43:03 AM

ENOUGH WITH THAT STUPID SONG

Admiral Yi

Nawlins was (IIRC), 8,000 Brits advancing across marshy ground to attack 14,000 Americans entrenched with artillery.  Jackson chose his position well, and Packenham was stupid to attack, but I wouldn't call it a great feat of arms.  More of a turkey shoot.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 15, 2014, 10:24:32 AM
Nawlins was (IIRC), 8,000 Brits advancing across marshy ground to attack 14,000 Americans entrenched with artillery.  Jackson chose his position well, and Packenham was stupid to attack, but I wouldn't call it a great feat of arms.  More of a turkey shoot.

You do not remember correctly.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

derspiess

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on January 15, 2014, 09:43:03 AM

As the song itself notes, that battle wasn't in 1812.  ;)

The war opened, in 1812, with a series of defeats of US forces (including militia).
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius