News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2014

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 09, 2014, 04:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

11-4.  I'm turning this one off.  Here's hoping for tomorrow's game.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Chances are looking good for heading to KC up 3-2 with Bum pitching tomorrow.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on October 25, 2014, 10:54:38 PM
Chances are looking good for heading to KC up 3-2 with Bum pitching tomorrow.

The Cardinals were up 3-2 going back to KC in 1985.  Just saying.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

I didn't say the Giants would win series just feel good of them being up 3-2. You Marylander.

The Brain

This thread has saved me so many times.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

Cardinals 22 year old outfielder Oscar Tavaras was killed in a car accident in the Dominican republic.  :(

Barrister

Well the good news is after Bumgarner goes for nine innings I'd think it unlikely the Giants try to bring him back on short rest for game 7.

katmai

katmai

Yeah I'm uneasy about our prospects for Starters these next two games so wouldn't be shocked by Royals pulling out two at home to win series.

Valmy

Quote from: sbr on October 26, 2014, 09:23:35 PM
Cardinals 22 year old outfielder Oscar Tavaras was killed in a car accident in the Dominican republic.  :(

Man how horrible.  He was a very promising prospect.  I do not know his specific situation but he was on the verge of changing his family forever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Valmy on October 26, 2014, 10:46:22 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 26, 2014, 09:23:35 PM

Man how horrible.  He was a very promising prospect.  I do not know his specific situation but he was on the verge of changing his family forever.

:( He grew up in Montreal.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Still kind of in shock over Taveras.  Really sucks what happened.

In other baseball news, I think my son's favorite baseball player is now Sandoval :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on October 26, 2014, 10:46:08 PM
Yeah I'm uneasy about our prospects for Starters these next two games so wouldn't be shocked by Royals pulling out two at home to win series.

Yeah - certainly not predicting anything but it's not impossible for the Royals to still win this back at home.

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on October 27, 2014, 09:45:30 AM

Yeah - certainly not predicting anything but it's not impossible for the Royals to still win this back at home.

If the Royals relievers regain their mojo they have a chance.  The Giants' bats are just too hot right now, though.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on October 27, 2014, 10:07:26 AM
Quote from: Barrister on October 27, 2014, 09:45:30 AM

If the Royals relievers regain their mojo they have a chance.  The Giants' bats are just too hot right now, though.

It's the Royals starters I'm worried about.  They don't have great middle relief, so they need their starters to get into 5-6 while keeping the Royals in the game.