And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish EUIV MP Game - Recruiting

Started by Viking, January 07, 2014, 04:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Anatron on January 07, 2014, 12:23:58 PM
Quote from: Tamas on January 07, 2014, 12:22:05 PM
I am not playing anyways, but why no random maps? It is more historically correct to not know the map of the new world in advance.

Random map making gameplay can be very unbalanced.

This is a silly reason to eschew playing on a map that only randomizes the New World.  The game has plenty of mechanisms for drawing people back that have been perceived to have gotten too powerful in relation to the other players.  Why not rely on those and enjoy the less-deterministic aspects of the fixed New World map that every other game of EU has?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on January 07, 2014, 12:55:28 PM
I am not playing anyways, but why no random maps? It is more historically correct to not know the map of the new world in advance.

This is a silly reason to eschew playing on a map that only randomizes the New World.  The game has plenty of mechanisms for drawing people back that have been perceived to have gotten too powerful in relation to the other players.  Why not rely on those and enjoy the less-deterministic aspects of the fixed New World map that every other game of EU has?

que?

Anatron

On the otherhand I like historical gameplay.I would not like to colonize a chicken shaped new world for example.

Tamas

but the real historical gameplay is not knowing what you find when you go there.

Liep

Has there been any news about the patch since the delay and those rather disappointing screenshots?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Habbaku

Quote from: Anatron on January 07, 2014, 01:00:26 PM

On the otherhand I like historical gameplay.I would not like to colonize a chicken shaped new world for example.

So, Spain always gets South America, England always fights to get North America and the islands are a toss-up.  Weeeeeee.  What fun.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on January 07, 2014, 04:56:50 PM

So, Spain always gets South America, England always fights to get North America and the islands are a toss-up.  Weeeeeee.  What fun.
I've seen france and portugal get mexico, I've seen morocco get brazil, I've seen north america split between burgundy, sweden and albania.

The randomly generated map will have the same path for trade nodes. So the only real change is where are the tribes, where are the resources and are there channels you can sail through rather than an isthmus you can march across.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

So, the conclusion is: not much interest.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Tamas

Anatron

Quote from: Habbaku on January 07, 2014, 04:56:50 PM

Are you a journalist or what?This is not what I talked about!
What I tried to point out ( what can be too difficoult to understand for some people....without name you Habs.) I would like to play on an earth based game.Not a game like CIV 5.

Anatron

Quote from: Viking on January 08, 2014, 06:55:27 AM
So, the conclusion is: not much interest.

We can still organize a game in paradox forum, what is good for languish players like Solmyr too.But it looks like there will be no Languish multiyplayer because of the lack of interest.

Habbaku

Not a lack of interest by any means, but a lack of time. :(

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on January 08, 2014, 03:36:15 PM
Not a lack of interest by any means, but a lack of time. :(

Yeah no interest in being up before 8am on saturday to be gaming.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Viking

I'm running a tuesday mp game 20:00-23:00 CET

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?826165-Primi-Pauci-et-Intrepedi-VI-Tuesdays-20-00-23-00

if you are interested sign up, it has strange rules and a mod.