Why Buying Cocaine Is Like Donating to the Nazi Party

Started by jimmy olsen, January 02, 2014, 10:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on January 06, 2014, 08:32:05 AM
Of course, there are always excuses to not do right about drugs.

I recommend summary execution of murderers, rapists, and human traffickers, after proven guilty in the court of justice, no appeals.

That should clear up space for our drug offenders.

Also, our prison system is too lenient. We operate under the false premise of rehabilitating offenders.
Criminals don't fear doing time. Lets fix this by eliminating all their commodities and making our prison system a more secure copy of middle eastern prisons, and we would end the "war on drugs" in no time.

Well, now that we've heard from the house of Saud, do we have any sane considerations?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on January 06, 2014, 03:19:54 PM
Quote from: dps on January 06, 2014, 03:18:35 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 03, 2014, 07:32:15 PM
Is anyone seriously talking about legalizing coke?

Why not?

I don't particularly like the idea, but clearly prohibition isn't working, at least the way we're going about it now.  Plus, there's a part of me that feels that if tobacco is legal, there isn't any recreational drug that should be illegal.

Cause we have enough trouble with drunk drivers?

Well, bringing up DUI's would tend to support Seige's contention that we aren't winning the war on drugs because we aren't being hard enough on offenders. 

You're too young to remember this, but widespread public concern about drunk driving and law enforcement taking it seriously are things that really only go back about 35 years or so.  Back in the early to mid 70s and before, it wasn't uncommon for a cop to just send you on your way with a warning if he caught you driving drunk, or for people to just get a small fine (and no points) when they got caught.  Even as late as 1980, one of my friends got caught driving drunk, and he went to court and pleaded it down to failure to control.   They won't let you do that now--you get caught, and you're going to pay a stiff fine, and have your license suspended for a year at least.  A second offense, and you lose your license for I think it's 10 years.  And you know what?  Those stiff penalties have significantly cut down on drunk driving.

Razgovory

Looking at it as a "war" is the wrong way to view things.  We don't have a "war" on burglary or murder or garbon, but we have laws to restrict these things and while we still have all these terrible things, they are kept in check.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 06, 2014, 09:12:09 PM
Garbon is kept in check? :unsure:

He's kept in a special containment area known as "The Village".

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on January 06, 2014, 09:15:25 PM

Garbon is not a number; he's a FREE MAN!
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on January 06, 2014, 09:15:25 PM

Very odd as they let me out just about everyday. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

garbon

"The Village" extends uptown or am I just imagining that I go uptown? If the latter, I have a dreadful imagination what with my vision of Times Square and Herald Square. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

Hey Razputin, leave Garbon alone.
He is, unlike you, a valuable member of this community.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on January 06, 2014, 10:06:22 PM
"The Village" extends uptown or am I just imagining that I go uptown? If the latter, I have a dreadful imagination what with my vision of Times Square and Herald Square. :(

They use a lot of mirrors and projectors.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on January 06, 2014, 09:10:57 PM
Looking at it as a "war" is the wrong way to view things.  We don't have a "war" on burglary or murder or garbon, but we have laws to restrict these things and while we still have all these terrible things, they are kept in check.
Incorrect

http://evoandproud.blogspot.kr/2013/06/making-europeans-kinder-gentler.html
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

This may surprise you, but we aren't in 12th century.