News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Best game you played in 2013?

Started by Josquius, January 03, 2014, 05:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on January 06, 2014, 09:48:46 AM
Papers Please I just don't get. It feels too much like doing meanial work and following regulations...because well that's what it is. I can't get the fun out of it beyond the initial cool period.

Yeah, me neither.  I'm not good at that kind of work so I found it really frustrating.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on January 06, 2014, 04:24:48 PM
Papers Please I just don't get. It feels too much like doing meanial work and following regulations...because well that's what it is. I can't get the fun out of it beyond the initial cool period.

Yeah, me neither.  I'm not good at that kind of work so I found it really frustrating.

Raz: unsuited for the very sort of bureaucracy he advocates.
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Quote from: fhdz on January 06, 2014, 08:48:02 PM

I wasn't aware I was wanted strict border controls.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on January 06, 2014, 08:50:59 PM
Quote from: fhdz on January 06, 2014, 08:48:02 PM

I wasn't aware I was wanted strict border controls.

I'm teasing. :hug:

Razgovory

First the teasing, then the comes long sticks, then the swollen ass... :(

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on January 06, 2014, 09:04:59 PM
First the teasing, then the comes long sticks, then the swollen ass... :(

You were the one with the sticks!

Fate

Razgovory

Jacob

Quote from: katmai on January 03, 2014, 04:54:56 PM
Quote from: Jacob on January 03, 2014, 04:49:24 PM
Quote from: Tyr on January 03, 2014, 05:46:11 AM
Not necessariy one made in 2013 but one you played for the first time that year.

Me: Sleeping Dogs

:hug:

I liked it, but what was up with the one date and dumping of all the ladies Jake !!?!?! :ultra:

What was up is that a bunch of content I had planned didn't make it through the shitstorm that was the development process. The girl-related stuff was severely short-changed alas :(

I had a whole bunch of stuff planned....

Jacob

Jacob

Anyhow, for me it was Civ V with expansions. Only game where I got that "have to keep playing" feeling for any period of time.

katmai

Quote from: Jacob on January 08, 2014, 07:40:18 PM

What was up is that a bunch of content I had planned didn't make it through the shitstorm that was the development process. The girl-related stuff was severely short-changed alas :(

I had a whole bunch of stuff planned....

That is an acceptable answer :D
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

FunkMonk

Wargame: Airland Battle. Steam says I have 100 hours invested in that thing. Probably half of that is just playing around in the Armory with make-believe tanks and thinking up gimmick decks for 10v10s  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Quote from: Syt on January 03, 2014, 11:31:31 AM
- Papers, Please (for making the mundane gripping and deeply psychological; for me at least)

Just tried this, nice game.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

PDH

Earlier in the year it was CIV5, a lot of CIV5.  In the past few weeks it is has been Endless Space oddly enough, despite all its flaws.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM