News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2014

Started by Maladict, January 01, 2014, 06:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Just entered a half marathon in May. My hip immediately seized up in protest.

alfred russel

Quote from: Brazen on December 12, 2014, 09:10:14 AM

Awesome & good luck.

How much was the entrance fee? (I'm asking because I'm sure the answer will cause someone here to shake his head  :P )
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on December 12, 2014, 03:06:17 PM
There are fees? :huh:

Since Brazen isn't helping me out here, I'll tell you that I paid $97 to run in the last half marathon I did (it would have been a lot cheaper but I signed up at the very last moment).

In distressing news, there are 3 reasons I keep showing up to work for my employer:
1) The cafeteria has really good food at decent prices.
2) I like the gym.
3) They pay me money.

This should be in past tense. Last June our cafeteria was closed for renovations and now won't reopen until May (!). It better be awesome, because the time of the renovations is almost as long as it took to build the empire state building. We have been reduced to food trucks and inside the building sandwiches and salads.

In a more tragic development, our gym closed last Friday for renovations and won't reopen until June/July. I just joined an LA Fitness. The best part of the workplace gym was that I could stand under a fan on high blast while running on the treadmill. The LA Fitness is really warm and there is no fan. Damn it all.

So now for motivation to show up to work all I have left is the money they give me. I'm not bluffing on this: if they take that away too I'm not showing up anymore. All internet surfing will be done from home.*

*Assuming unemployment is enough to cover internet fees.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on December 22, 2014, 11:56:27 PM
So now for motivation to show up to work all I have left is the money they give me. I'm not bluffing on this: if they take that away too I'm not showing up anymore.

:lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

Quote from: alfred russel on December 22, 2014, 11:56:27 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 12, 2014, 03:06:17 PM
There are fees? :huh:

Since Brazen isn't helping me out here, I'll tell you that I paid $97 to run in the last half marathon I did (it would have been a lot cheaper but I signed up at the very last moment).
Sorry  :Embarrass:

This was £42 plus £2.52 admin fees. Think I got a £5 early entry discount on that. This was a relatively cheap one. I was trying to persuade a colleague to enter a triathlon, but you can't get change from £100 for even a sprint tri.

Zanza

Quote from: alfred russel on December 12, 2014, 03:03:16 PM
Quote from: Brazen on December 12, 2014, 09:10:14 AM

Awesome & good luck.

How much was the entrance fee? (I'm asking because I'm sure the answer will cause someone here to shake his head  :P )
I want to run the half marathon in my hometown this summer and it is between 30€ and 45€ depending on when you register.

mongers

Barely done a couple of hundred miles this month, nearly all of it on my shopping bike.  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Jesus Christ. Dorse, Braze, you know there are all sorts of roads you've already paid for that extend 12 miles, right?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

Catastrophic failure on all fronts. As I'm approaching thirty I need to sort myself the fuck out next year <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

You'll be fine, beautiful.
Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 23, 2014, 03:19:06 PM
Catastrophic failure on all fronts. As I'm approaching thirty I need to sort myself the fuck out next year <_<

All joking aside, you can get away with a lot of bad stuff in your 20s, but the 30s is the time when you firmly establish good and bad habits, that'll significantly affect on-going healthiness in your 40s and 40s.

Shelf, do you still smoke? Because that seems the thing you can change that'll bring the most significant immediate and long term benefits.

Clearly obesity and diabetes will never be an issue with a sophisticate like you.  :P

How's the booze consumption or are you going to fall into the bad 'habits' that seem to consume at least every other of my 40s/50s friends?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"