News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2014

Started by Maladict, January 01, 2014, 06:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Tinkered a bit with the bike, had to take the mudguards off as the larger tyres decided to put on, just slightly rub in a few places. Temporarily took the rack off at the same time. Did some more tinkering with the geometry of this too large for me bike.  <_<

Then went for a quick test ride of 24-25 miles up onto the downs, surprising how much better it performs after I removed the above 3lbs (1.4kg) of stuff.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Eddie Teach

I suppose it's "panicky" of me, but lately I've been more uncomfortable at the gym, noticing how easily I could come into contact with other people's sweat.   :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

I had a couple of weeks staying with relatives in Scotland, running along a deserted beach which was just about perfect. Came back to a rejection from the London Marathon, which I met with relief and a resolve never to run more than 10K again at risk of destroying my ancient body. Haven't run a step since, though. Must enter a race of some kind.

mongers

This go slow is working well, I popped out and did 13-14 miles and didn't once think about going over 15mph, didn't break sweat, just very gentle exercise, it's the future I tell you.  :D

Liep

Quote from: mongers on October 08, 2014, 06:56:46 AM
This go slow is working well, I popped out and did 13-14 miles and didn't once think about going over 15mph, didn't break sweat, just very gentle exercise, it's the future I tell you.  :D

I don't think I broke that on my 13-14 kms today either. But then again, I was on a singletrack in the forest. :P It was a nice cool sunny autumn day and it had rained for the last few days so it was full of fun water holes and a hell of a lot of mud.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on October 08, 2014, 07:22:50 AM
Quote from: mongers on October 08, 2014, 06:56:46 AM

I don't think I broke that on my 13-14 kms today either. But then again, I was on a singletrack in the forest. :P It was a nice cool sunny autumn day and it had rained for the last few days so it was full of fun water holes and a hell of a lot of mud.

We've just started having the mixer for mud arrive by the bucket load, after an incredibly dry 2-3 months (driest this time of year since 1960). 

I could have predicted this, as I took the mudguard off on Sunday, having spent all of this dry period/summer, riding with them on.  <_<

Brazen

I've started to walk up to my 7th floor office two or three times a day. However much formal exercise I do, how come walking up stairs is SO hard? How the hell do those weight-loss programmes get morbidly obese people to climb 40-storey buildings without keeling over?

mongers

What say we all re-title the thread 'Unfitness 2014' and be done with it till next year?  :)

Liep

Quote from: mongers on October 15, 2014, 06:54:25 AM
What say we all re-title the thread 'Unfitness 2014' and be done with it till next year?  :)

I've diving, hiking and lots of cycling planned for the rest of the year, so I'm not done!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on October 15, 2014, 06:58:04 AM

I've diving, hiking and lots of cycling planned for the rest of the year, so I'm not done!

:cool:

Well there's always to exception that proves the rule.  :D

alfred russel

Now that things are cooling down we should be stepping up, right?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Maladict

I'm doing my regular indoor stuff, but it's not very interesting.
Too bad it's getting dark so early, the weather is still great for cycling :(

Scipio

Tomorrow ends Week 7 of StrongLifts 5x5. Good stuff.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Liep

Quote from: Maladict on October 15, 2014, 12:25:35 PM

I'm doing my regular indoor stuff, but it's not very interesting.
Too bad it's getting dark so early, the weather is still great for cycling :(

August is pretty much the last month I feel like going out on the road bike, some days in September might do, but besides that it's mountainbike season.

crazy canuck

A combination of a heavy work schedule and travel has meant that I havent been at the gym for over three weeks.  Weight still constant at 260 but I am feeling weaker.  Need to get back to those squats and bench presses.