News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Time to move to Switzerland

Started by MadImmortalMan, December 18, 2013, 01:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: dps on December 18, 2013, 08:04:38 PM
Pretty sure that the abolition of welfare wouldn't also mean the abolition of Child Protective Services or its equivalent.

Sounds reasonable.  It also sounds reasonable that one of the reasons we give poor people food stamps and housing vouchers instead of cash is you can't drink, smoke, or shoot up food stamps and vouchers.

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 18, 2013, 03:05:53 PM
That question reminds me of the way some of the Arab countries with lots of stipends for citizens and also lots of guest workers. I don't know how their payment distribution works, but they clearly did need to import labor. You think they might later decide to add a guest worker program that does not make the worker eligible. It kinda breaks the point behind it. Theirs might be way different from this though. I know very little about Kuwait/Qatar/UAE or whoever is doing it now.
I don't think they need to.  There is no such thing as a shit job that an underclass needs to do.  Without the underclass, the shit job is either going to become better paid, be automated away, or just disappear if it isn't that necessary.  Of course, sometimes it's easier to go for Option D, and get illegal immigrants to do the job, if there isn't a strong enough enforcement against it.