News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Don't Mess With The Cat

Started by Malthus, December 17, 2013, 11:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2013, 04:02:40 PM
QuoteSanilac County officials picked up the cat and tested it for rabies.  The tests came back negative.
Whew, I was worried for him for a second.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 17, 2013, 04:02:40 PM
QuoteMelvin, Mchigan (WJBK) -

A Fox 2 News viewer sent in video and titled it a 'horrible cat attack.'

According to the caption provided, the woman in the video was trying to protect a small dog from a stray cat.

FOX 2 News app users, watch the video here.

You see her walking and kicking snow toward the cat, but it responds and leaps up at her head.  In the end it appears the person in the video may have been injured as she comes away holding her head.

She heads inside the house but the dog stays outside, behind a fence. The cat follows and heads toward the porch where the dog retreats.

End of video.

Update to the story:  The attack happened in Melvin, Michigan. The woman attacked tells us she ended up in the hospital after the cat sank it's front and back teeth into her forehead.  The cat also clawed he face, leaving marks on her cheeks.

She says she ended up getting an infection that manifested into cellulitis, causing her face to swell.

She says she took in the stray cat after learning someone was going to shoot it.  She said he was 'sweet as pie.' She also says she owns three other cats.

She said the stray cat began growling at her mom's dog and attempted to attack it.  She says that's why she tried to shoo it away.  Her confrontation with the cat is what you see on the video.

Sanilac County officials picked up the cat and tested it for rabies.  The tests came back negative.

Adios, cat.  You got your shots in when you could.  There's no dishonor in that.

Poor Kitty.

you will be remembered.

... and turned into an animated gif.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Maximus