News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hearthstone

Started by Syt, December 16, 2013, 02:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frunk

I've had runs much worse than that.  I was getting pretty good, 4 decks in a row with 5-8 wins.  Then I tried to complete a 2 win rogue quest with Arena decks.  4 decks, 1 win, and that when my opponent forfeited on the second turn.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on September 30, 2014, 09:07:31 AM
Man, I just really, really suck. Had *two* 0-3 trips into the Arena last night.

My coaching fees are very modest.  :shifty:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grey Fox

I suck at the arena, I've ever only won 3 games overall.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Martinus

Do you guys think there should be a limit on the number of legendary cards in a deck? Obviously, they do not always win (I had a lot of great time winning with a bunch of lowly commons and rares against someone busting Ragnaros, Ysera and Leeroy Jenkins in a short sequence) but sometimes it just seems unfair. I think you should be able to win thanks to your skill and card combos/synergies, not because of a couple of "I WIN" cards.

Berkut

I am thinking about banning you from the gaming forum until you drop the SB Orion game you fucked us all on. That is what I think.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

They should implement private tournaments.

Here how it could work:

Someone could organize a tournament, and define a buy in price in gold. That gold would then go towards purchasing Arena matches between the tournament participants, with some kind of reward for the winners/placers. You could make up what essentially amounts to the very popular among the magic crowd weekly FtF tournaments.

You could even provide the various levels of ability to customize the rules - shared pack draws, etc., etc.

I think that would be super fun.

0 rows returned

frunk

Quote from: Martinus on October 02, 2014, 02:35:23 AM
Do you guys think there should be a limit on the number of legendary cards in a deck? Obviously, they do not always win (I had a lot of great time winning with a bunch of lowly commons and rares against someone busting Ragnaros, Ysera and Leeroy Jenkins in a short sequence) but sometimes it just seems unfair. I think you should be able to win thanks to your skill and card combos/synergies, not because of a couple of "I WIN" cards.

The problem is the way Blizzard structured the cards.  Rarer cards should make available different or unusual strategies rather than making the main ones stronger.  The bigger problem is that there isn't enough variety in the "good" cards and there are way too many crappy ones out there that have no business showing up in any deck regardless of strategy.

Habbaku

A limit on the number of legendaries wouldn't fix anything.  The problem, as frunk said, is that the epics/legendaries simply get assigned more "points" and so are much more powerful than anything below.  I do think the curve is a bit messed up because of that.

That being said, I don't mind the number of legendaries anyway.  I think they lead to some very interesting decks at the upper tiers.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on October 02, 2014, 09:03:32 AM
I am thinking about banning you from the gaming forum until you drop the SB Orion game you fucked us all on. That is what I think.

Done.

Berkut

Ramp Druid is a lot of fun.

Faceless Manipulator is a great card - not OP, but always useful.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Ramp Druid/Token Druid is definitely one of the more fun decks.  Faceless Manipulator is just hilarious when it works to good effect.  I especially enjoy it in my HandLock deck.  Copy a 9/9 Molten Giant, then Shadowflame the board = fun.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

:yeah:

Made it to rank 6.  Game was against a bot, but whatever.  Lots of Shaman-bots on the ladder, lately.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Nice!

I don't think I will ever break about ten. Just not meta enough. Was that your priest deck? Seems like it is all priest decks now...

What is the advantage of botting? How do you know you are playing a bot?

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Nah, my ladder climbing is exclusively with my Handlock deck.  I tried priest for a time, but it doesn't seem to do it for me.  I might switch back if I face a lot of Hunters or other people gunning for Warlocks in the higher ranks.

The advantage of botting is that you get a lot of "free" gold, climb ranks at a relatively stable pace without having to do anything and eventually unlock the golden Shaman, for whatever that's worth.  You will know you're playing against a bot from a few indicators.  If you go up against a Shaman and they play in a very deliberately-timed manner on even the most obvious of moves (read : taking 2-3 seconds per attack when there is nothing to attack except the other player), odds are you're up against a bot.  The targeting indicator arrows going all over the place is another sign.

-J. R. R. Tolkien