News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hearthstone

Started by Syt, December 16, 2013, 02:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

By the way, has anyone noticed there is a trend in game style (in terms of speed/cautiousness) based on a class people play?

I absolutely hate people who take ages to play their turn - and it seems to me Priests are much worse at it than any other class. It seems Warriors, Mages and Hunters, on the other hand, play their turn the fastest.

I wonder if there is a correlation between personality and a class choice.

frunk

The new cards have opened up the play space a bit.  I have a Druid Deathrattle deck that is really quite nasty.

Martinus

Likewise. I am having a lot of fun with my Priest deathrattle deck.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Lame!

What is happening?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

QuoteStarving Buzzard, which was key to several Hunter class strategies, will now cost five mana (up from two) and will become a three attack and two health card, up from two attack and one health. Fine, fine, we hunters will just have to Unleash the Hounds a little later.

That doesn't sound so bad. Changes how it works a bit, but doesn't really fundamentally change too much - it just becomes more of a mid game combo than early, and has a little more resilience to it.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

It's a pretty serious change coupled with the Leeroy shift.  Very much a needed nerf considering the current dominance of Hunter on the ladder.  This should see Priest and Warrior get a bit more popular, I think.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

I gotta say my favourite is still my mage spell/secret heavy deck. But then I never got above 9th rank so...

Martinus

One thing I hope they'd change is shorten the duration of a turn. It is atrociously long currently.

frunk

Quote from: Habbaku on September 12, 2014, 06:12:47 PM
It's a pretty serious change coupled with the Leeroy shift.  Very much a needed nerf considering the current dominance of Hunter on the ladder.  This should see Priest and Warrior get a bit more popular, I think.

My last time playing saw Priest as 3 out of 4 opponents.

Berkut

I was playing last night, and had the "Win two games as a warrior/pallie" quest. Went from rank 13 to rank 18 trying to get those two wins, and gave up.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: frunk on September 15, 2014, 09:32:43 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on September 12, 2014, 06:12:47 PM

My last time playing saw Priest as 3 out of 4 opponents.

Your statement and mine are not mutually-exclusive.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on September 15, 2014, 09:52:06 AM
I was playing last night, and had the "Win two games as a warrior/pallie" quest. Went from rank 13 to rank 18 trying to get those two wins, and gave up.

There's a "Casual" button...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

frunk

Quote from: Habbaku on September 15, 2014, 11:28:56 AM

Your statement and mine are not mutually-exclusive.

I wasn't contradicting you.  I think it's people prepping Hunter alternatives.

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on September 15, 2014, 11:29:12 AM
Quote from: Berkut on September 15, 2014, 09:52:06 AM

There's a "Casual" button...

I never, ever, ever play casual.

To me, that is like playing poker with fake money.

0 rows returned