News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Where should the EU go from here?

Started by Queequeg, December 14, 2013, 04:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where should the EU go from here?

I'm a citizen of the EU, and I think the EU should push towards faster integration and expansion
6 (17.1%)
I'm a citizen of the EU, and I think integration of the core is fine but expansion should halt, at least temporarily
7 (20%)
I'm a citizen of the EU and I think that no further integration is needed temporarily, but expansion is fine
0 (0%)
I'm a citizen of the EU, and I think it should just try not to collapse for a few years
1 (2.9%)
I'm a citizen of the EU, and I think devolution is needed but expansion is fine
0 (0%)
I'm a citizen of the EU, and I think that the status quo in Brussels is okay but the non-core states should leave
1 (2.9%)
I'm a citizen of the EU and I think it's completely useless and was from Day-1
0 (0%)
I'm a non-EU European and want my country to join a further integrated EU
0 (0%)
I'm a non-EU European and want my country to stay the hell away from Brussels
1 (2.9%)
I'm not a European but I'm generally in favor of further expansion and integration of the EU
7 (20%)
I'm not a European and I think that the entire European project was a mistake
3 (8.6%)
I'm not a European and I'm glad of it, not my issue
5 (14.3%)
I'm Emperor Jaron and I demand that Europe restore the borders of the Empire to the time of Justinian
0 (0%)
Other (explain)
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on December 14, 2013, 10:11:40 PM
Cape Verde are small and welcome.

My the term Europe is awfully elastic.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on December 14, 2013, 11:42:26 PM
Quote from: Tyr on December 14, 2013, 10:11:40 PM
Cape Verde are small and welcome.

My the term Europe is awfully elastic.
Where it doesn't course a fuss. With morocco iirc it wasn't, though with Cyprus it was.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Syt on December 14, 2013, 04:31:05 AM
I think integration should continue, but expansion should be slowed down, because any prospective and interested new members (Ukraine, ex-Yugo, Turkey) would make consolidation even harder, though I wouldn't be against having special agreements that, over time, give them a similar relationship with the EU as Switzerland or Norway have certain degree of ecoomic integration, but no little to no political integration).
I think this is wise.  As evil as some of the effects of the EU are, it's not a bad thing at all.

Also, it's important that Serbia remains a pariah state, as punishment for their ending of civilization.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

The future is what the EU calls 'variable geometry' Europe.
Let's bomb Russia!