News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Peter O'Toole RIP

Started by Sheilbh, December 15, 2013, 01:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

:(

His speech at the Oscars is one of my favorites.

QuoteMeryl Streep, members of the Academy, distinguished guests, viewers, ladies and gentlemen. Always a bridesmaid, never a bride – my foot! I have my very own Oscar now to be with me till death us do part.

I wish the Academy to know that I am as delighted as I am honored. And I am honored. The magic of the movies enraptured me when I was a child; as I totter into antiquity, movie magic enraptures me still. Having already bagged this baby, as it were, and so spared uncertainties prior to the opening of an envelope, I'm able to think. I think of our colleagues, our old friends, now gone, who played their parts in this ceremony. I think of the sumptuous talents alive and well and with us now. I think of the astonishing young, the gifted and able young men and women who I meet practically every time I go to work and from whom I grab energy in handfuls. I think of the United States and of the loves and friendships I've known here for more than half a century, and of how much the nation has given to me both personally, privately and professionally. And I am deeply thankful. And now, at this last, you have given me this delightful shock. You're very good. Good night and God bless you.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

OttoVonBismarck

The Lion in Winter was always my favorite movie of his...him, Hopkins and Hepburn all did an insanely good job with that one.

Sheilbh

Quote from: katmai on December 15, 2013, 01:27:33 PM
Noooooooo!
:cry:
I know. When I saw a sad celebrity death I used to always think, 'well at least Peter O'Toole's still around' :(

Also this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K561m7Nq7kk
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Mr. O'Toole was one of big reasons along with David Lean that led me to go into film making as career.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son