Man who amputated arm arrested on assault charges

Started by garbon, December 09, 2013, 11:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/man-amputated-arm-arrested-assault-charges-153328700.html

QuoteA man who cut off his forearm to free himself after becoming trapped by a dislodged boulder in a Utah canyon is in jail after being arrested in Denver over allegations of domestic violence.

Aron Ralston was booked Sunday on charges of assault and "wrongs to minors," which involves exposing a minor to danger. Court records show a woman, Vita Shannon, also was arrested at the same home on the same charges.

Messages left with prosecutors and Ralston's publisher, Simon & Schuster, weren't returned.

Ralston was hiking in 2003 when he became trapped and cut off his arm to free himself. He detailed his struggles in a book, which was adapted into the movie "127 Hours."

Booking documents don't indicate if Ralston or Shannon has an attorney. Both are scheduled to appear in court Monday.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

It was an unarmed assault.

Police are stumped.

Ralston went out on a limb.

Neighbours said the defendant was 'armless.

Etc.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

grumbler

Quote from: Brazen on December 09, 2013, 11:29:16 AM
It was an unarmed assault.

Police are stumped.

Ralston went out on a limb.

Neighbours said the defendant was 'armless.

Etc.
He was underhanded, had a disarming personality, couldn't find his ass with both hands and a roadmap, "the one-armed man did it," yadda, yadda.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

I wonder if there's a prosthetic out there for arm amputees where you could install a Hitachi wand and some other...attachments...to it.

Now that would be cool.

Darth Wagtaros

She's innocent. it was the one armed man what done it. 
PDH!

garbon

Quote from: 11B4V on December 09, 2013, 11:30:12 AM
Who cares.

I didn't intend it as any great piece of news. Just found it interesting the difference between positive bub and sympathy around the guy and now this.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".