Disney acquires rights for future 'Indiana Jones' films

Started by jimmy olsen, December 06, 2013, 10:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Obviously they're going to have reboot the franchise. Who should play Indy?  :hmm:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/12/06/disney-indiana-jones/

Disney acquires rights for future 'Indiana Jones' films
By Grady Smith on Dec 6, 2013 at 6:11PM @gradywsmith

First Star Wars, now Indiana Jones? The Walt Disney Studios announced Friday that it has reached a marketing and distribution agreement with Paramount Pictures for future Indiana Jones films, meaning George Lucas' two iconic franchises are now firmly in Disney's hands.

Of course, Disney has owned Indiana Jones production rights since 2012, when the studio acquired LucasFilm. Until now, though, Paramount possessed marketing and distribution rights. Those now belong to Disney, making the process of making and releasing future Indiana Jones films much easier — not to mention more likely. In return for the rights, Paramount will receive "financial participation on any future films." In other words, the studio will still get an undisclosed cut of the business. Paramount will retain distribution rights for the first four films in the series.

Disney did not reveal plans for any new Indiana Jones installments — and inside sources say not to expect any such announcements in the immediate future. Still, the move is a clear bid to start putting additional whip-cracking archaeology adventures into motion. The question now is whether Harrison Ford, 71, will still be the star, or if Disney plans on rebooting the franchise altogether. Commence your speculation now!

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

I, for one, look forward to the further adventures of Mutt Williams.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

QuoteWho should play Indy?

Christoph Waltz
OR
Kevin Spacey
OR
Sam Worthington
OR
James Spader
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on December 06, 2013, 11:12:49 PM

Christoph Waltz
OR
Kevin Spacey
OR
Sam Worthington
OR
James Spader

Why not add Steve Buscemi and Justin Bieber while you're at it?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 06, 2013, 11:53:56 PM

Christoph Waltz
OR
Kevin Spacey
OR
Sam Worthington
OR
James Spader

Why not add Steve Buscemi and Justin Bieber while you're at it?

Your a bieber fan. Fag
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

No, I just find your casting decisions atrocious.

Waltz- too creepy European
Spacey- too old, not masculine enough
Spader - too old and fat. He could play Brody though.
Worthington- nobody will believe he has a doctorate
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DontSayBanana

Christoph Waltz
OR
Kevin Spacey
OR
Sam Worthington
OR
James Spader

I really, really hope this is facetious.  Not familiar with Waltz, but I can't picture any of the other three in anything even resembling an action movie... oh, wait.

Spader in Stargate.  I rest my case.
Experience bij!

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."