Disney acquires rights for future 'Indiana Jones' films

Started by jimmy olsen, December 06, 2013, 10:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: 11B4V on December 07, 2013, 03:29:32 PM
Quote from: Jacob on December 07, 2013, 11:40:30 AM
Samuel L. Jackson of course.

:lol: An angry black man as Indy would be awesome.

"SAY IT AGAIN MOTHER FUCKER".

Both CF and I second and third this.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2013, 08:30:01 PM
Not even close.  Jr. has great range, he wouldn't have to play Indy as a smart mouth punk.
That seems to be his thing though.  It's important to remember that movie types are stupid.  If they sign Robert Downey Jr. to play Indiana Jones, he's going to be playing Robert Downey Jr.  Just look at what they've done with Johnny Depp.  Something tells me that they didn't start out envisioning the Lone Ranger as a movie about a smart-mouth weirdo Indian and his pet white guy.  If they're going to make an Indiana Jones blockbuster, it's going to be giving people what they expect, and it is going to be as unadventurous as possible.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Neil on December 07, 2013, 08:55:43 PM
If they're going to make an Indiana Jones blockbuster, it's going to be giving people what they expect, and it is going to be as unadventurous as possible.

This is why they should find a young guy who reminds people of Harrison Ford. Or even Tom Selleck.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Viking on December 07, 2013, 05:29:29 PM
Quote from: The Larch on December 07, 2013, 04:48:13 PM
You might as well ask for Nathan Fillion.

Hmm.. a better choice than mine I must say. Why not Nathan Fillion?

I saw my first episode of Castle this fall. I didn't realize that bloated individual was Nathan Fillion. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."<br /><br />I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

Any of those suggested would probably do. It's not like they're big shoes to fill.

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Syt

Quote from: Viking on December 07, 2013, 05:29:29 PM
Quote from: The Larch on December 07, 2013, 04:48:13 PM
You might as well ask for Nathan Fillion.

Hmm.. a better choice than mine I must say. Why not Nathan Fillion?

He's a bit out of shape for that, I think? He would have made a great Han Solo during his Firefly days, because, let's face it, Han Solo and Malcolm Reynolds were pretty much the same characters.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

How come Nathan Fillion got fat anyway?  Is it his "metabolism"?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

He probably enjoys eating more than looking at himself in the mirror.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

He's not a starving young actor anymore.  He's had a job for a while.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Boreanaz has got the right personality, but not the right look.  Fillion actually sounds like a really good option to me.  Hollywood's got plenty of trainers who could get him just enough into shape to do close-in action shots.

Going the film circuit, Greg Kinnear's got a couple of years left where he could pull it off.
Experience bij!