News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What is Cheney trying to do?

Started by Martinus, June 03, 2009, 02:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Recently, Cheney went on the record, saying to an interviewer there was never any evidence of any links between Saddam and AQ or 911. Earlier he pretty much muddled other claims, like whether there was any suspicion about WMD in Iraq, or about the effectiveness of torture.

So, what do you think his game is? An attempt at damage control because he fears being indicted? An attempt to save the GOP's reputation by sacrificing himself? Trying to come out of the mess smelling like roses? A brain tumor? A moral imperative?

CountDeMoney

He's trying to make you love him.

QuoteCheney backs gay marriage, calls it a state issue
'I think, you know, freedom means freedom for everyone,' says former veep

WASHINGTON - Former Vice President Dick Cheney said Monday he supports gays being able to marry but believes states, not the federal government, should make the decision.

"I think, you know, freedom means freedom for everyone," Cheney said in a speech at the National Press Club. "I think people ought to be free to enter into any kind of union they wish, any kind of arrangement they wish."

Cheney, who has a gay daughter, said marriage has always been a state issue.

"And I think that's the way it ought to be handled today, that is, on a state-by-state basis. Different states will make different decisions. But I don't have any problem with that. I think people ought to get a shot at that," he said.

Martinus

Yeah I posted that yesterday in the other thread. I am more asking about his "mea culpas".

The Brain

I thought it was a slam dunk? wtf?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2009, 04:28:05 AM
Yeah I posted that yesterday in the other thread. I am more asking about his "mea culpas".

Funny, I don't see him apologizing for shit.  :lol:

saskganesh

QuoteI think people ought to get a shot at that," he said.

:face:
humans were created in their own image

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: saskganesh on June 03, 2009, 05:32:39 AM

QuoteI think people ought to get a shot at that," he said.

:face:

:lol:Well spotted.

Grallon

Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2009, 02:09:07 AM

An attempt at damage control because he fears being indicted? An attempt to save the GOP's reputation by sacrificing himself?

The former - Cheney isn't the type to sacrifice himself for anyone.  He's a criminal who's trying to escape judgement.  I wish Obama would abandon the unity policy - you can't be united with people who undermine everything you do.  I wish he would just go for the jugular of the GOP.  As for Cheyneey himself - any serious congressional inquiry would reveal just how deep he was in all kind of illegal, illegitimate and ill advised scams.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Neil

:lol:

Why would Cheney have any fear whatsoever of being indicted?  We all know that's never going to happen.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on June 03, 2009, 07:30:35 AM
Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2009, 02:09:07 AM

An attempt at damage control because he fears being indicted? An attempt to save the GOP's reputation by sacrificing himself?

The former - Cheney isn't the type to sacrifice himself for anyone.  He's a criminal who's trying to escape judgement.  I wish Obama would abandon the unity policy - you can't be united with people who undermine everything you do.  I wish he would just go for the jugular of the GOP.  As for Cheyneey himself - any serious congressional inquiry would reveal just how deep he was in all kind of illegal, illegitimate and ill advised scams.
Obama knows that he can only be president for another 3-7 years, and that if he pushes too hard on the Republicans, that time will be shorter rather than longer.  Moreover, if he starts criminalizing policy differences, it'll be his neck that ends up getting stretched.  Now that he's won the presidency, he's realized that nothing the Bush Administration did was very bad.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

KRonn

I don't think the Bush admin claimed there were any ties between Saddam and AQ, or 9/11? Correct me if I'm wrong, as I know that's been claimed, and maybe I'm forgetting, but I never got the impression that the invasion of Iraq was due to links to 9/11. There were statements by the Bushies about fears of Saddam supplying terrorists if he gained WMDs, and that sort of thing.

Berkut

Quote from: Neil on June 03, 2009, 07:42:46 AM
Obama knows that he can only be president for another 3-7 years, and that if he pushes too hard on the Republicans, that time will be shorter rather than longer.  Moreover, if he starts criminalizing policy differences, it'll be his neck that ends up getting stretched.  Now that he's won the presidency, he's realized that nothing the Bush Administration did was very bad.

it is really quite amazing, isn't it?

All the horror of the Bush presidency, and now with policy after policy, the Dems are parroting him. Well, except for when they have jumped the shark with nationalizing the united auto workers union as a direct recipient of taxpayer donations and snatching GM away from the Capitalists and giving it to The Workers.

I don't think Bush would have done that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned