News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mobtown #1 in killings! Go us!

Started by CountDeMoney, June 03, 2009, 05:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Lulz, Detroit fucked up their numbers.  We're #2.  :cry:

QuoteBaltimore may lose a No. 1 ranking, and city officials have no problem relinquishing the title.

Detroit police said Thursday that their 2008 homicide total reported by the FBI this week was incorrect, an error that had given Baltimore the distinction of being the most murderous large city in the country.

Rod Liggons, a Detroit police spokesman, said the city in January reported 339 homicides to the state of Michigan, which submits figures to the federal government. But the number that the FBI distributed this week as part of its annual crime report was 306, a difference of more than 11 percent. Liggons told The Baltimore Sun that the FBI figure is wrong.

"Three-thirty-nine is our actual number," Liggons said.

Savonarola

While I am not surprised that one of the departments of the Detroit city government would report incorrect figures; how hard could this one be?  All you do is take the number of severed limbs found in schoolyards and abandoned factories and divide by 2.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on June 05, 2009, 07:56:59 AM
While I am not surprised that one of the departments of the Detroit city government would report incorrect figures; how hard could this one be?  All you do is take the number of severed limbs found in schoolyards and abandoned factories and divide by 2.

Wouldn't that be divide by 4?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Savonarola

Quote from: Malthus on June 05, 2009, 08:47:31 AM
Quote from: Savonarola on June 05, 2009, 07:56:59 AM

Wouldn't that be divide by 4?

Thus the source of their calculation error; I could work for city hall.   :Embarrass:

I think you only need to sever the arms and head when you dump the body in the river because those are the parts that can be easily identified.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Jaron

How much of this is black on black crime?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Savonarola

Quote from: Jaron on June 05, 2009, 11:09:07 AM
How much of this is black on black crime?

Probably the majority; the population of Detroit is over 80% black.