Applebees and Chili's replacing waiters with Tablet PCs

Started by jimmy olsen, December 04, 2013, 09:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: sbr on December 05, 2013, 07:07:57 PM
I kind of like Olive Garden.  :Embarrass:

In may experience with them, they are a mixed bag. When they're good, their good.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on December 05, 2013, 05:42:27 PM
I think I put Waffle House / IHOP in the "decent" category because they specialize in lower brow food but execute it really well. It's nothing fancy but in all reality some foods don't really get done well by chains at all, but waffles, pancakes, omelettes etc are pretty easily done very well by a big chain restaurant.

At IHOP you can get this french toast that is basically 90% sugar and 5% cinnamon by mass.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2013, 07:20:20 PM
Quote from: sbr on December 05, 2013, 07:07:57 PM
I kind of like Olive Garden.  :Embarrass:

You stuff the unlimited breadsticks in your pockets, don't you?

Breadsticks and that cheapo salad. :punk:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Their "Tuscan" soup is pretty good.  I get that instead of salad whenever I go to Olive Garden.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Monoriu

When I was a child, I dreamed that one day we could order all food with IT systems.  30 years later that dream has yet to come true.  Not because we don't have the technology.  But because of people like my father-in-law. 

He never touches the menu.  Just won't.  He'll sit and chat until the waiter shows up.  Then he asks the waiter what food he should order. 

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ideologue

My answer to technological unemployment involves nationalizing corporations so that we can all share in the increased productivity of capital improvement, and recreating American values to conform to the workerless economy that will come whether we will it to or not.

My answer has the added benefit of avoiding the complete breakdown of society and GDP that will occur once capitalism destroys its own markets.

P.S. The Olive Garbon blows.  Last time I was there, they served Korea watered-down... wine.  WTF.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Monoriu on December 05, 2013, 11:32:41 PM
When I was a child, I dreamed that one day we could order all food with IT systems.  30 years later that dream has yet to come true.  Not because we don't have the technology.  But because of people like my father-in-law. 

He never touches the menu.  Just won't.  He'll sit and chat until the waiter shows up.  Then he asks the waiter what food he should order. 

I don't think that's the reason why.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 05, 2013, 11:34:35 PM
P.S. The Olive Garbon blows.  Last time I was there, they served Korea watered-down... wine.  WTF.

Oh the olive garden is dreadful, make no mistake about that. After all, it shouldn't be asking too much to get fettuccine that is fully cooked. :D