Applebees and Chili's replacing waiters with Tablet PCs

Started by jimmy olsen, December 04, 2013, 09:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2013, 10:54:42 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 04, 2013, 10:53:15 PM
Garbon is way right (I mean way correct) about it, though.  Applebee's blows, and there are many similarly priced, superior restaurants wherever one is to be found.  Hell, you can go under its price range and find better options: Waffle House is a significantly better place to eat.

Now wait a cotton pickin' minute. awful waffle?

Weirdo.

Over Applebee's?  Hell yeah. :huh:

For one, a lot more vegetarian options.  For two, just generally better food.  Applebee's is pretty pitiful.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Josephus on December 04, 2013, 10:56:14 PM
...although someone still has to bring you the food; but I guess one person can do the work of three or four.

Yep.

Although being a food runner was probably the best job I ever had.  Absolutely stressless, great exercise, free food, reasonable hours, and paid almost as much as FakeLaw does with no student debt and with no furloughs.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DontSayBanana

Applebee's and Chili's are both craptacular to me, and my standards aren't exactly high.  Also, Applebee's waters down their drinks so badly that they might as well market them as virgin.
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

I'd take you all to Golden Corral. Ide would likely insert his penis into the Chocolate wonderfall.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2013, 10:59:26 PM
I'd take you all to Golden Corral. Ide would likely insert his penis into the Chocolate wonderfall.

You better be taking us somewhere nicer, moneybags. <_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: garbon on December 04, 2013, 11:00:20 PM

Denny's then.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

:x No way.  They opened up a Golden Showers down here a year or two ago (that's how memorable it is), and the place has been a never-ending feeding trough for A) broke students at the county college, and B) pretty much all of the Vineland Police Department.  It's kinda disgusting to watch in action, which is why I've only been twice (silly me, thought I'd give it another shot since the first time was close to when it opened).
Experience bij!

Ideologue

I've been to the Golden Corrall.  It's okay.

You know what I need to go to, that I haven't been in a while?  Obviously after I get back into the 160s, obviously?  A CiCi's Pizza (a pizza buffet in case you don't know).  That's called specialization. :mmm:
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Are there P.F. Chang's where you guys live?  That's where I used to work and I found their heavily-American adaptation of Chinese dishes to be delightful.  As I was leaving, they were downscaling though, cutting corners with a lot of cheaper crap and reducing portions and such.  They took their Tam's noodles, one of the best things I've ever eaten, off the menu.  You can't even get those noodles at a regular grocery store.  You've got to go to Koreatown and try to remember what Koreans call 'em. <_<  They still have shrimp and candied walnuts (YES) though.
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2013, 11:02:06 PM

Denny's then.

<_< <_<

Denny's is only good if you want flies and crying babies.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 04, 2013, 11:05:02 PM
Are there P.F. Chang's where you guys live?  That's where I used to work and I found their heavily-American adaptation of Chinese dishes to be delightful.  As I was leaving, they were downscaling though, cutting corners with a lot of cheaper crap and reducing portions and such.  They took their Tam's noodles, one of the best things I've ever eaten, off the menu.  You can't even get those noodles at a regular grocery store.  You've got to go to Koreatown and try to remember what Koreans call 'em. <_<

Never was much of a fan. They've actually one at Stanford near the outdoor shopping mall.

Razgovory

Denny's then.

Not sure they'd let garbon through the door.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on December 04, 2013, 09:59:39 PM
I hope they enjoy it when the only people who can afford to go out to eat wouldn't be caught dead at a fucking Applebee's.

Not having to tip would make it more competitive against fast food joints.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Truly the world is fucked with no way out.

Quote from: Josephus on December 04, 2013, 10:56:14 PM
...although someone still has to bring you the food; but I guess one person can do the work of three or four.
For now. Strikes me that one is pretty easy to replicate with robots. The trouble is the current stores are built for human delivery. If they really wanted to get rid of waiters though then all it would take would be a refit...

Hell, with these mass production chain restaurants even the cooking can be automated. I recall reading not too long ago about McDonalds looking into that.
██████
██████
██████

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on December 04, 2013, 11:14:36 PM

Denny's then.

Not sure they'd let garbon through the door.

I hear they are retard friendly, however.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".