News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

EU3 Modification Question

Started by alfred russel, June 02, 2009, 05:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Garbon, I am not sure why you bother posting in these threads.  Normally Berkut is better at weeding out pointless posts.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 04, 2009, 10:51:48 AM
Garbon, I am not sure why you bother posting in these threads.  Normally Berkut is better at weeding out pointless posts.

Indeed, these threads should exist for fabulously paid lawyers to dump on people who buy pre-made computers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 04, 2009, 10:40:33 AM
If you are using onboard video you cannot expect any sympathy.  Paradox designs games for people with real computers.

If Paradox doesn't want to design games for systems like mine, that is fine with me, but I meet all of the requirements they list when they sell the game (and am well above most of them). It is deceptive marketing to sell games publicizing a set of requirements that you know will still not allow some people to use the game.

It is also in poor form to hide the tech support forum from people that havent registered the game, and so they won't notice until they buy it that, guess what, the game will never work on their machine.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DisturbedPervert

I got this game last week.  Well above any recommended settings and it crashes constantly.  The tech support forum seems useless as well, but I can see lots of people have problems.

alfred russel

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on June 04, 2009, 11:09:51 AM
I got this game last week.  Well above any recommended settings and it crashes constantly.  The tech support forum seems useless as well, but I can see lots of people have problems.

Quit complaining. At least you got to look at the map.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on June 04, 2009, 11:00:57 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 04, 2009, 10:40:33 AM
If you are using onboard video you cannot expect any sympathy.  Paradox designs games for people with real computers.

If Paradox doesn't want to design games for systems like mine, that is fine with me, but I meet all of the requirements they list when they sell the game (and am well above most of them). It is deceptive marketing to sell games publicizing a set of requirements that you know will still not allow some people to use the game.

It is also in poor form to hide the tech support forum from people that havent registered the game, and so they won't notice until they buy it that, guess what, the game will never work on their machine.

You're right.  That is shitty.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: alfred russel on June 04, 2009, 11:12:00 AM
Quit complaining. At least you got to look at the map.

:lol:

I installed the handdrawn map mod, it actually looks pretty nice.   

DisturbedPervert

Apparently they hide the tech support forum because they don't want pirates to get tech support...unfortunately that also fucks over legit customers who are curious as to if it will run.

alfred russel

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on June 04, 2009, 11:14:28 AM

:lol:

I installed the handdrawn map mod, it actually looks pretty nice.

You are more driven than me--I wouldn't play without a political map. But reading the thread, some people seem to have actually been playing without any kind of map.

Against my better judgment, can I just go to Best Buy and pick up a video card tonight to fix this problem?

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: alfred russel on June 04, 2009, 11:44:21 AM
Against my better judgment, can I just go to Best Buy and pick up a video card tonight to fix this problem?

I dunno, maybe, I have a dedicated graphics card and my map works fine.  Only have a problem with crashing.

Which I think I've solved after reinstalling, apparently I patched the game wrong.  Was able to play several years as Portugal without a crash.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2009, 10:54:16 AM
Indeed, these threads should exist for fabulously paid lawyers to dump on people who buy pre-made computers.

Are you suggesting that AR cant afford a $50 card for his new computer?

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 04, 2009, 12:26:27 PM

Not in the least, although I wouldn't suggest that he should buy one to play eu3.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Queequeg

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2009, 12:33:25 PM

Not in the least, although I wouldn't suggest that he should buy one to play eu3.
With MMP and all the expansions its actually a great game.  Don't listen to Garbon.

I'm not sure if it would work with a new graphics card.....would anyone on Paradox fora help you?
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

alfred russel

Quote from: Queequeg on June 04, 2009, 12:57:25 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2009, 12:33:25 PM

With MMP and all the expansions its actually a great game.  Don't listen to Garbon.

I'm not sure if it would work with a new graphics card.....would anyone on Paradox fora help you?

I posted last night in the tech support thread, but so far no. I'll just pick up a card on the way home tonight and hope for the best.

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on June 04, 2009, 01:01:03 PM
I posted last night in the tech support thread, but so far no. I'll just pick up a card on the way home tonight and hope for the best.

At the very least you will have a real computer now.  :P