News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 17, 2014, 07:36:28 PM
Let's get back to more important issues. Like that young lady in uniform.

Sand colored boots with a dark uniform (about 1:25 in).   :bleeding:

http://lifenews.ru/news/129068

Nice legs though.  :blush:

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on March 17, 2014, 07:17:12 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 17, 2014, 07:12:28 PM
Quote from: sbr on March 17, 2014, 07:07:22 PM
Are you addressing the Onion or something before that?

The Onion article.  I'm getting kind of sick of hearing Obama and the Temp PM put their feet in their mouths about how Russia's undermining democracy in Ukraine.  A plebiscite is about as democratic as it gets, whether you like the results or not.

No.

After being occupied by an invading force, having it's autonomous government removed and replaced by one backed by 4% of the electorated a plebicite is held where the options are "yes" and "hell yes", where international election observers are denied access with virtually zero time available for campaigning with obvious harrassment of political opponents of the 4% regieme one can hardly call this plebicite "about as democratic as it gets".

I think you are taking DSB's words for more than he intended.  He was making a joke along the lines of the Onion article he referred to; he wasn't making a serious argument.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 17, 2014, 07:53:22 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on March 17, 2014, 07:44:28 PMShowing a chart detailing how everyone was wrong if the unlikely event comes to pass doesn't make them stupid or prone to group think. Sometimes unexpected things happen.
Yeah. I mean 'only 5 percent (4) of the 87 Liberals and Constructivists who do not study international security, Russia or international organizations and law correctly predicted a military intervention.' So you mean people who don't study anything relevant got this wrong? How did the literary critics do?

I blame social 'scientists' who should accept they study humanities and stop being such knobs <_<

a bit of dunning kruger there with uninformed idiots not knowing how uninformed they are, add to that the primacy of human nature over so called paradigmatic systems of analysis.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Quote from: Iormlund on March 17, 2014, 07:44:20 PM
The reason why everybody but Palin failed to predict Putin's response is that Putin's response was not Russia's self-interest. That's not a problem for Palin because logic plays no part in her thought processes.

that's what  I said, but in palin's case she was just being random.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

grumbler

Quote from: Viking on March 17, 2014, 07:36:43 PM
(snip)

my confirmation bias alarm ticks with the failure of realism, but still, historical experiments are usually not this specific 

It was a crappy question.  Some respondents may well have thought it was asking if Russia would, in fact, militarily intervene to reverse the outcome of "the political crisis in Ukraine."  It has not.  If the question had been "Will Russian military forces take any actions at all in response to the political crisis in Ukraine?" I am willing to bet they'd have had a much larger positive response.  The Russian "military intervention" has thus far been as minute as it could possibly be and still be plausible as an intervention at all.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 17, 2014, 07:59:00 PM

http://lifenews.ru/news/129068

Nice legs though.  :blush:

I declare you Hero of my Erection, 7th class.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 17, 2014, 07:59:00 PM

Roof.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 17, 2014, 07:20:47 PM

I'd still impregnate it though.

That list isn't very selective ya know.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on March 17, 2014, 09:03:22 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 17, 2014, 07:20:47 PM

I'd still impregnate it though.

That list isn't very selective ya know.

Yes it is. You know nothing.

Like most languish assburgers.

katmai

Says the guy knocking up women on all seven continents!

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on March 17, 2014, 09:12:09 PM
Says the guy knocking up women on all seven continents!

I would never travel to Africa.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

katmai

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on March 17, 2014, 07:36:43 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/wp/2014/03/12/who-predicted-russias-military-intervention-2/

QuoteWho predicted Russia's military intervention?

my confirmation bias alarm ticks with the failure of realism, but still, historical experiments are usually not this specific

I predicted this earlier on in this thread, so maybe it's just crazy people who know what other crazy people are going to do.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger