And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on March 28, 2014, 09:25:11 AM
Nice job, Barack Carter. :)

Next we are boycotting the 2018 World Cup.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on March 28, 2014, 09:25:11 AM
Nice job, Barack Carter. :)

Give Carter some credit, he sent the US military to into Iran to rescue those hostages.  The military fucked it up.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

LaCroix

Quote from: Syt on March 28, 2014, 08:46:39 AM
I was always confused by very short beds in historic farmhouses and some castles over here. I later learned that a lot of people slept sitting up, partially to keep their noses uncongested.

i'd never heard of this before. so, i looked it up

http://historymyths.wordpress.com/2014/03/23/revised-myth-8-beds-were-shorter-back-then-because-people-were-shorter/
http://historymyths.wordpress.com/2013/03/16/myth-108-people-slept-sitting-up-for-health-reasons-which-is-why-beds-were-shorter-back-then/

derspiess

Just watched the Obama interview.  He seemed tired and distracted.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on March 28, 2014, 11:19:44 AM

You mean emotional?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Well he has been flying all over the world lately.  I imagine that's jet lag.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Norgy

Dude's been on the bevvy with the Secret Service in Amsterdam. I'd be tired too. The distraction's probably just the 'shrooms.

Syt

Quote from: LaCroix on March 28, 2014, 11:05:32 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 28, 2014, 08:46:39 AM
I was always confused by very short beds in historic farmhouses and some castles over here. I later learned that a lot of people slept sitting up, partially to keep their noses uncongested.

i'd never heard of this before. so, i looked it up

http://historymyths.wordpress.com/2014/03/23/revised-myth-8-beds-were-shorter-back-then-because-people-were-shorter/
http://historymyths.wordpress.com/2013/03/16/myth-108-people-slept-sitting-up-for-health-reasons-which-is-why-beds-were-shorter-back-then/

Well, some of the beds I've seen were basically wardrobes to sleep in, 150 cm or so long.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Just read this in an article about possible economic sanctions against Russia:
The German bluechip company with the highest exposure to Russia is Adidas at 7.5% revenue. Tracksuits FTW.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Norgy

Oh, come on, since when does Languish forget a conflict?

Syt

Well, the Russians keep stirring the pot every now and then, so it's not quite sure where this one's going.

A few headlines from their official news agency ITAR-TASS from today:

- May 25 election in Ukraine illegitimate, Russian representative at OSCE says
- Russians sceptical of Ukraine's new authorities
- Russian Foreign Ministry issues comment on situation around ethnic minorities in Ukraine: More and more holders of Ukrainian passports are seeking asylum in Russia, the ministry says
- Lukashevich issues official comment on military situation on Russian-Ukrainian border (they say there's no wrongdoing on their side, and that Open Sky surveillance by Western forces will confirm it)
- Western countries 'capable of inadequate steps' - Russian geopolitical analyst: There are about 300 foreign mercenaries in Ukraine, whose aim is to destabilise the situation in the country, believes the president of the Russian Academy of Geopolitical Problems, Konstantin Sivkov.
- Ukrainian Communists leader says country overtly slid into West's outside administration
- Ukraine's Security Service deporting Russian citizen working for Inter TV channel
- Well-known anti-radical activist arrested in Ukraine's northeast city of Kharkov
- Solution of Ukraine's problems to be possible only after stabilization
- FSB: west steps up attempts to destabilize the internal situation in RF

I'm still expecting the Russians to make a grab for Eastern Ukraine if not the whole Black Sea coast.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Zanza on March 28, 2014, 03:23:46 PM
Just read this in an article about possible economic sanctions against Russia:
The German bluechip company with the highest exposure to Russia is Adidas at 7.5% revenue. Tracksuits FTW.
:mad: They're good suits.