News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

An armed surveillance drone eh?  Reconnaissance in force.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 14, 2014, 03:51:38 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 14, 2014, 03:25:25 PM
No, I just wanted to know if you were serious or not.  I'm actually displeased with the President on this.  This might surprise you but I want a much firmer response, and I think the Syrian fuck up was like a green light to Putin.  Unless Obama can figure out a way to get the Russians out of Ukraine in the next few hours this will be a massive foreign policy failure.

Okay, now I get to ask questions.  What would you have done in Obama/Kerry's place?

I'd try to get basing rights in Ukraine and send troops to block off any further advance of Russian forces.  I'd tie the withdrawal of American soldiers from Ukraine with the withdrawal of Russian troops from Crimea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Tripwire troops, then?

So basically you'd be saying - Russia, no further or we have a war.

Barrister

Quote from: Queequeg on March 14, 2014, 04:01:11 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 14, 2014, 03:59:21 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on March 14, 2014, 03:55:45 PM
"Вот так надо жить России с Украиной"
"This is how Russia should live with Ukraine!"

They should have a lesbian affair?  :hmm:

Works for me!  :)
I similarly endorse this.  Passionately.

Unfortunately, that picture (in particular with Ukraine being the submissive one) accurately reflects the last 300 years of Ukrainian history.

Ukraine, as a girl, though is growing up.  Wants to date other people, sleep around a bit.  In particular she wants to check out the German chick, see what kinks she might be into.  But Russia is far too jealous to allow that.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Russia is clearly the bottom in that picture.  Look at the body language. :huh:

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2014, 04:28:55 PM

Bottom?  How does that work?

Anyway Russia looks like the maternal one there, well except for the sort of creepy finger entwining.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on March 14, 2014, 04:19:32 PM
Tripwire troops, then?

So basically you'd be saying - Russia, no further or we have a war.

Yep.  It's what we did in Germany.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2014, 04:28:55 PM

I am - Russia has her arm around Ukraine's head, bringing her in to Russia's shoulder.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on March 14, 2014, 04:36:19 PM
I am - Russia has her arm around Ukraine's head, bringing her in to Russia's shoulder.

I thought the wreath was a Russian thing.

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2014, 04:46:13 PM

It's more typically a Ukrainian thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_wreath
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2014, 04:46:13 PM

Um, did you miss the fact that the two girls are dressed in the colours of their respective flags?

Admiral Yi

@Malthus: I was fooled by the Slavfros at Sochi.

But in that case Russia is clearly going to buttfuck Ukraine.

Beeb: I can't keep those ridiculous three color flags apart.

DGuller

Ukraine's flag has two colors.  :mad:

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Beenherebefore

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 14, 2014, 04:54:42 PM
@Malthus: I was fooled by the Slavfros at Sochi.

But in that case Russia is clearly going to buttfuck Ukraine.

Beeb: I can't keep those ridiculous three color flags apart.

You'd make an excellent ambassador.
The artist formerly known as Norgy