News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: Valmy on March 01, 2014, 02:14:26 PM
Well we need to make sure he pays a steep price for it, economically if nothing else.  I wonder how else we might get gas to Europe.
We could start by freezing all Russian assets, private and public. If the oligarchs have to fear losing their money, they might be able to put pressure on Putin.

Razgovory

Quote from: Zanza on March 01, 2014, 02:18:05 PM
Well we need to make sure he pays a steep price for it, economically if nothing else.  I wonder how else we might get gas to Europe.
We could start by freezing all Russian assets, private and public. If the oligarchs have to fear losing their money, they might be able to put pressure on Putin.

The problem that I see with this is that they are  gangsters, and gangsters are very good hiding their money.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

It is annoying we have not already started doing this.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on March 01, 2014, 02:20:59 PM

It is annoying we have not already started doing this.

Banks aren't open until Monday morning.  I mean, c'mon.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2014, 02:01:47 PM
After much reflection, I've decided I'm interventionist.

I just checked;  there aren't any direct flights from Cincinnati Northern Kentucky International to Kiev.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Torygraph:
QuoteUKRAINE'S PRIME MINISTER SAYS MILITARY INTERVENTION WOULD LEAD TO WAR AND END TO ANY RELATIONS WITH MOSCOW
UKRAINE'S PRIME MINISTER SAYS RUSSIAN FORCES MUST RETURN TO BASE
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PJL

My prediction: Russia to invade the rest of the Ukraine other than Crimea (they've already got that) at 3AM EST tomorrow. The West will issue a guarantee to Poland. China to invade the disputed islands with Japan while everyone else is busy in the Ukraine.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 01, 2014, 01:39:41 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 01, 2014, 01:27:37 PM
Are we really going to the bat for Ukraine?

Personally, I'm in the "No Blood For Tracksuits" camp, but hey, apparently a number of Languishites seem to want to go toe to toe with the Rooskies over a bunch of Borats that have the unfortunate history of being trapped in Moscow's proprietary geopolitical orbit.

Welcome brother!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

It's time to start rounding up Russians and Russian collaborators. Nice knowing you DG and Squeelus.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Razgovory

Well we'll finally get some of use out of those damned FEMA camps we've had empty all these years.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

The Guardian reports that Latvia and Lithuania have invoked NATO's article 4.

First time it's done by a non-Turkey nation.

11B4V

Quote from: celedhring on March 01, 2014, 03:33:59 PM
The Guardian reports that Latvia and Lithuania have invoked NATO's article 4.

First time it's done by a non-Turkey nation.

Perhaps the Wehrmacht errrr Bundeswehr gets a second shot.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".