News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ukraine's European Revolution?

Started by Sheilbh, December 03, 2013, 07:39:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

https://www.facebook.com/sarahpalin/posts/10201573917093799?stream_ref=10

Quote from: Sarah PalinYes, I could see this one from Alaska. I'm usually not one to Told-Ya-So, but I did, despite my accurate prediction being derided as "an extremely far-fetched scenario" by the "high-brow" Foreign Policy magazine. Here's what this "stupid" "insipid woman" predicted back in 2008: "After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama's reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine next."

http://www.jammiewf.com/2014/flashback-stupid-woman-offers-up-strange-scenario-of-russia-invading-ukraine/

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/02/28/Flashback-Palin-Mocked-in-2008-for-Warning-Putin-May-Invade-Ukraine-if-Obama-Elected-President
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Guardian:

QuoteThere are many mentions of the Charge of the Light Brigade which took place in 1854 during the Crimean War. Less well remembered is the Thin Red Line, when the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders dispersed a Russian cavalry charge at Balaclava. You can read about both in George McDonald Fraser's Flash at the Charge

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on March 01, 2014, 01:09:34 PM

Quote from: Sarah PalinYes, I could see this one from Alaska. I'm usually not one to Told-Ya-So, but I did, despite my accurate prediction being derided as "an extremely far-fetched scenario" by the "high-brow" Foreign Policy magazine. Here's what this "stupid" "insipid woman" predicted back in 2008: "After the Russian Army invaded the nation of Georgia, Senator Obama's reaction was one of indecision and moral equivalence, the kind of response that would only encourage Russia's Putin to invade Ukraine next."

I'm confident that President Palin would have ensured that our second-strike capability would've been able to defend the Ukraine, after surviving the first nuclear exchange over Georgia.

Grey Fox

Invading Georgia? Georgia is an integral part of the Russian state.

Are we really going to the bat for Ukraine?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

I'm really disappointed in Obama on this.  If he doesn't do something quick I will lose all respect and punch him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Legbiter

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 01, 2014, 01:27:37 PM
Invading Georgia? Georgia is an integral part of the Russian state.

Maybe some sanctions if the Russian & Ukrainian militaries start fighting a real war. If Putin is content with just nabbing Crimea then it'll be just like Georgia.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on March 01, 2014, 12:01:42 PM
Quote from: PDH on March 01, 2014, 11:57:03 AM
Had Obama lost in '08 a far more savvy president would have been elected.  Of course, the stress of the job would have killed him and we would have President Palin at the helm of this crisis.

Historically American Presidents that were actually in wars have actually not been bellicose. I know McCain had a reputation as a hot head but I wonder what he'd have been like as President on foreign policy. I'm trying to think of where I would have seen him act differently than Obama, I think McCain would have handled this situation a lot better as he's a true Cold Warrior. But I also think he would have doubled down on our involvement in the Middle East which would have bogged us down and limited our ability to act elsewhere. I'm actually mildly pleased with how Obama has somewhat distanced us from dealing with the Middle East and I like the concept of his Pacific shift although I dislike that it appears to just be words in a speech and not any actual thing.

McCain did an interview on the 27th where he said he didn't think the Russians would use their military to intervene, so I'm guessing he would have been as dumbstruck as everyone else.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 01, 2014, 01:27:37 PM

Personally, I'm in the "No Blood For Tracksuits" camp, but hey, apparently a number of Languishites seem to want to go toe to toe with the Rooskies over a bunch of Borats that have the unfortunate history of being trapped in Moscow's proprietary geopolitical orbit.

Liep

A Danish journalist in Ukraine has interviewed a few Russian activists who calls the takeover for the Russian Spring.

#РусскаяВесна. :bleeding:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

After much reflection, I've decided I'm interventionist.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

NATO troops in western Ukraine?  Sanctions?  What is the plan here?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

Putin will not stop until he made Ukraine a vassal again.

Liep

So what's up with using two spaces after a full stop?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Valmy

Quote from: Zanza on March 01, 2014, 02:12:51 PM
Putin will not stop until he made Ukraine a vassal again.

Well we need to make sure he pays a steep price for it, economically if nothing else.  I wonder how else we might get gas to Europe.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on March 01, 2014, 02:01:47 PM
After much reflection, I've decided I'm interventionist.
:hmm: There is only one interventionist power at this moment.  :ph34r: