Ron Burgundy covers the Canadian Olympic Curling qualifiers

Started by Barrister, December 01, 2013, 05:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

http://www.tsn.ca/videohub/?collection=72&show=137380

http://o.canada.com/entertainment/movies/ron-burgundy-north-dakota-anchorman/

So the Canadian Olympic Curling Qualifiers aka the Roar of the Rings, starts today.  But as big a deal as that is (and yes, in Canada, that is a big deal), legendary US anchorman Ron Burgundy showed up in Winnipeg to assist in covering day one.

It was... odd.

The best part was when Carey was shooting her last rock of the end for what should be a pretty routine takeout for one, when Burgundy announces it is an "impossible shot - never been done before in curling".  Vic Rauter and co just try and roll with it, when Carey proceeds to miss the shot and Burgundy just looks smug.

The second best part was the 80s-era TSN sports blazer Burgundy was wearing.

Anyways - a mildly amusing way to kill 30 minutes if you check out the top link.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

It's important, it's important to have a hot chick as skip in Sotchi. Gotta compete with the Swede & Finnish hotties.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 01, 2013, 10:15:21 PM
It's important, it's important to have a hot chick as skip in Sotchi. Gotta compete with the Swede & Finnish hotties.
I was a fan of the Danish team at the last Olympics. :perv:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on December 01, 2013, 06:58:46 PM
Don't lie to the people, it's not a big deal in Canada :P

Lies! :ultra:

Seriously - curling pulls in big ratings.  Not quite hockey or football big, but big.

Admiral Yi

On the plus side, some nice looking broads playing broom ball.

On the minus side, all the Canadian announcers are mooks.

Richard Hakluyt

I suppose he is known as Ron de Bourgogne over in Quebec.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on December 01, 2013, 11:23:20 PM

Seriously - curling pulls in big ratings.  Not quite hockey or football big, but big.

Yeah, and when he says football big, he means the CFL, so that pretty much explains where curling is.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 02, 2013, 11:27:26 AM
Quote from: Barrister on December 01, 2013, 11:23:20 PM

Yeah, and when he says football big, he means the CFL, so that pretty much explains where curling is.

Here's the TSN average audience for hockey, CFL and the Brier (Men's national Championship).

NHL 707,000.

Brier 685,000.

CFL 637,000

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/03/08/curling-continues-ratings-climb-at-brier

lustindarkness

I wonder why he did this? Maybe because curling is a joke?  :hmm:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

cc loves to troll.  It's best to just ignore his nonsense.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Apparently Ron Burgundy and Champ Kind will be guest hosting ESPN's 6pm SportsCenter tomorrow.

fhdz

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 04, 2013, 08:57:04 AM
Apparently Ron Burgundy and Champ Kind will be guest hosting ESPN's 6pm SportsCenter tomorrow.

WHAMMY
and the horse you rode in on