News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

My encouter with an exploding zombie

Started by Josquius, November 28, 2013, 04:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

On Thursdays I work pretty far from home, to get to work I have to take the famed Yamanote line- the busiest line in Tokyo, a loop line around the center of the city, connecting most of its major stations.
The platform was crowded and the train was taking a while to come. It seemed I was going to have to stand for my journey. Whatever, it happens, it is usually the case.
I got onto the train though and low and behold a seat! I ran for it....then I noticed the stench.
I sat up and checked my seat to make sure I hadn't sat in something nasty. I looked around me but could see nothing. I was safe? But something smelled terrible...
One station later I noticed that people were getting on the train but they were all starting towards the end of the carriages, the seats opposite me were totally empty, what was that stench?
Then I saw it.

Warning. This picture is disgusting. Do not open if you are around food or young children:
http://i43.tinypic.com/b5r7kp.jpg

:x

What the hell is that!?!?!?
I guess its a homeless guy. The train being a loopline he can sleep there as long as he wants. A weird Japanese friend of mine once told me that when she was a teenager she was fond of sitting on the Yamanote to read a book for hours on end.
But she didn't have such stench issues....

Theories on what this thing is? Will his leg drop off?
Pretty sad really, he has messed up his leg pretty horribly yet you have to pay to see a doctor in Japan so he can't....maybe he spent his last £1 on a train ticket to stay warm.....I wonder if he died on there....

I got off the train several stops early and transfered to another one. There was hilarity in seeing others make for the seats then noticing and veering away but this didn't last.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Had that once in Vienna. An almost empty subway car!

*sits down*

What's that horrid smell?

*looks around*

*sees homeless guy on the far end who probably has shit himself*

*breathing only through the mouth, then switching cars at the next stop*
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Saw a drunk take a shit in the street a few days ago, completely oblivious that he was right in front of a rather up-scale restaurant.
It was an epic sight.

Caliga

Where I live we don't have homeless people. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Archy

Where do you think the "chicken" for KFC comes from?  :ph34r:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on November 28, 2013, 06:17:44 AM
Where I live we don't have homeless people. :showoff:

Yes, the change in the weather usually kills them off by now.  Lucky you.

garbon

Pro tip, if you ever see an empty or almost empty subway car - do not enter! At best it will just have no a/c.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

The station whre I get on in the morning is the terminus for that line. Hence all cars are empty. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.