Main Menu

Deal with Iran?

Started by Sheilbh, November 23, 2013, 09:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

OMG, it's true! :o

But you can't spell Obama with abandonment. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 23, 2013, 11:00:35 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 23, 2013, 10:57:26 PM
So, any bets on IAF strikes?????

Not going to happen.

a 20 spot says they will in the next 12 mos.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Sheilbh

That's a bit unfair. This deal only lasts six months.
Let's bomb Russia!

11B4V

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 23, 2013, 11:21:02 PM
That's a bit unfair. This deal only lasts six months.

Bets to Yi
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on November 23, 2013, 11:18:08 PM

Let's make it 50.

1. It has to be an overt strike; if a facility mysteriously explodes and Israel does  :whistle: then it doesn't count.

2.  Shit has to blow up.  Offing a few more scientists doesn't count.

If there's a judgement call, I'll let you pick a binding arbitrator from among Beeb, Tricky Dick, and Joan.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 23, 2013, 11:37:30 PM

Let's make it 50.

1. It has to be an overt strike; if a facility mysteriously explodes and Israel does  :whistle: then it doesn't count.

If there's a judgement call, I'll let you pick a binding arbitrator from among Beeb, Tricky Dick, and Joan.

Done and I'll take the Queens Prosecutor as the arbitrator.

Ideologue

Can I get in on this action?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Oh, btw, Yi, it's the next TWO presidential elections now. :P
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on November 24, 2013, 01:10:44 AM
Oh, btw, Yi, it's the next TWO presidential elections now. :P

My recollection is it was 4 in a row, Obama's 2nd was the 1st of 4.

Ideologue

Iirc the wording was "a Democratic presidency through 2024," thus 3 elections--although I suppose if you really wanted hardball me you could wait to payout until it was clear that Hillary Clinton wasn't going to be successfully impeached and convicted during her term.
Kinemalogue

Admiral Yi

Any clue what thread that was in?  My memory is different than yours.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on November 24, 2013, 01:09:49 AM
Can I get in on this action?

Which side of the bet did you want?

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 24, 2013, 01:34:09 AM
Any clue what thread that was in?  My memory is different than yours.

Hard to say.  May search later.

Quote from: YiWhich side of the bet did you want?
Yours.  I think you're right and Infantry's wrong.  I can separate fantasy from reality.
Kinemalogue

Barrister

Quote from: 11B4V on November 23, 2013, 11:52:05 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 23, 2013, 11:37:30 PM

Let's make it 50.

Done and I'll take the Queens Prosecutor as the arbitrator.

-_-

I'm honoured I'd be selected amongst a white shoe New York City lawyer and a British house husband.

And just to be crystal clear - 11B says shit will blow up in the next 12 months in Iran, and Yi says it won't?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 23, 2013, 11:08:49 PM
:lol: :lol:

@AriFleischer
The Iran deal and our allies: You can't spell abandonment without OBAMA.
9:08 PM - 23 Nov 13

Isn't this what the Bush administration wanted?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017