Started by Savonarola, November 22, 2013, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Jacob on November 22, 2013, 07:54:54 PM
#1 - Playmobil
#2 - Lego
#3 - Airfix 1/72 scale plastic soldiers

This. And #4 - 1/18 car models.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Jacob

Quote from: Liep on November 22, 2013, 08:00:03 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 22, 2013, 07:54:54 PM
#1 - Playmobil
#2 - Lego
#3 - Airfix 1/72 scale plastic soldiers

This. And #4 - 1/18 car models.

1/18 for cars? I was mostly into Matchbox cars which I believe are 1/64 or thereabouts. I did have one or two 1/18 scale, but they always struck me as being too fancy to actually play with.

Capetan Mihali

G.I. Joe's by a huge margin.  And Matchbox cars earlier in my childhood.

Construction toys of any stripe, I was hopeless with.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Jacob

Other honourable mentions:

- Star Wars figures
- Meccano sets
- Markers and paper; there was something special about getting a new pad of paper and a new set of markers with a whole range of colours.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: PDH on November 22, 2013, 07:29:10 PM
Mine:

The Navarone mountain play set.

The grey one however.

But did your parents let you draw in the swastika on the flag with a Magic Marker?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Liep

Quote from: Jacob on November 22, 2013, 08:08:25 PM

1/18 for cars? I was mostly into Matchbox cars which I believe are 1/64 or thereabouts. I did have one or two 1/18 scale, but they always struck me as being too fancy to actually play with.

I had the smaller ones too, mostly them actually. But I just remember the bigger ones more fondly I guess.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 22, 2013, 08:14:01 PM
Quote from: PDH on November 22, 2013, 07:29:10 PM
Mine:

The Navarone mountain play set.

The grey one however.

But did your parents let you draw in the swastika on the flag with a Magic Marker?

Yes.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on November 22, 2013, 08:13:15 PM

- Star Wars figures
- Meccano sets
- Markers and paper; there was something special about getting a new pad of paper and a new set of markers with a whole range of colours.

Exactly same feeling, I remember the large sets of felt-tips/makers all arrange by ascending colours.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DontSayBanana

Ain't no way I can pick out one above the rest.  Star Trek and Star Wars toys and vehicles (god, I miss the Star Trek Micro Machines), LEGO, Erector sets, and Lincoln Logs were what kept me busy most of the time.
Experience bij!

fhdz

Quote from: mongers on November 22, 2013, 08:19:43 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 22, 2013, 08:13:15 PM

- Star Wars figures
- Meccano sets

Exactly same feeling, I remember the large sets of felt-tips/makers all arrange by ascending colours.  :)

The big box of Crayolas was a pretty amazing sight, too.
and the horse you rode in on

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 22, 2013, 08:17:34 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 22, 2013, 08:14:01 PM

Yes.

So they did love you.  :)

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Transformers.  Star Wars figures.  He-Man figures.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".