And there was much rejoicing. (Monty Python reunion)

Started by The Larch, November 21, 2013, 11:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Tamas

Quote from: The Larch on November 25, 2013, 08:04:00 AM
Hopeless.  :(

I was so lucky, I must had refreshed the main page just the moment the 3rd of July date became available, because when I clicked on it, I went straight to the "select ticket" page instead of the queuing page.

The Larch

Quote from: Tamas on November 25, 2013, 08:12:51 AM

I was so lucky, I must had refreshed the main page just the moment the 3rd of July date became available, because when I clicked on it, I went straight to the "select ticket" page instead of the queuing page.

I've tried mostly through the Ticketmaster website because the O2 Arena site wasn't working right for me. Maybe they've only sold out on the Ticketmaster quota...

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2013, 12:05:53 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 24, 2013, 11:59:34 PM
Clearly the lesson's never marry an American.

Especially an Okie.  They are experts at thievery.
Never marry a woman who can't even spell "Alice" properly.  :yucky:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Larch

Quote from: The Larch on November 25, 2013, 08:23:37 AM
Quote from: Tamas on November 25, 2013, 08:12:51 AM

I've tried mostly through the Ticketmaster website because the O2 Arena site wasn't working right for me. Maybe they've only sold out on the Ticketmaster quota...

Trying a different browser got the O2 Arena site to work, but they were sold out there as well.  :(

Maladict

I managed to get them through AXS, but still no confirmation email. It's also not showing up under 'my events'. Slightly worried something went amiss.

Tamas

Quote from: Maladict on November 25, 2013, 08:56:26 AM
I managed to get them through AXS, but still no confirmation email. It's also not showing up under 'my events'. Slightly worried something went amiss.

It took me a while too, but eventually got my confirmation e-mail. No second e-mail with the PDF tickets yet, though.

Maladict

I've got the confirmation as well. Apparently I'm getting my tickets by regular mail.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Larch

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Larch

Maladict

http://variety.com/2013/legit/international/monty-python-extends-run-of-stage-show-1200881588/
LONDON — Comedy troupe Monty Python said Monday it will extend the run of its stage show, which was unveiled last week.

The show at London's 20,000-seat O2 Arena will now run from July 1 to 5 next year.

The first show sold out within 43.5 seconds, organizers said.

A sixth show is being planned for the Hollywood Bowl in L.A., where the Pythons' performed a live gig in 1980, according to the Daily Mail newspaper.
The Daily Mirror reports that a source has told them the Pythons are also considering a world tour.

The show reunites John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Gilliam, Michael Palin and Terry Jones. The sixth Python, Graham Chapman, died in 1989. Eric Idle said last week that Chapman would "take part" via comedy seance.

Valmy

A world tour?  That sounds pretty rough for guys in their seventies.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2013, 05:18:27 PM
A world tour?  That sounds pretty rough for guys in their seventies.

They should do all right, just so long as they don't rely on quack doctors.

Though starting it at the O2 might be a bad omen.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"