And there was much rejoicing. (Monty Python reunion)

Started by The Larch, November 21, 2013, 11:11:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

They did an AMA about this on Reddit yesterday.  Highlights:

1) Eric claimed they've already sent Graham's urn into space, so no Graham.  Maybe mentions. (that's bad)

2) John and Eric said they're considering repeating the one-off in NYC, depending on how this goes. (that's good)
Experience bij!

Maladict

As I have a day off on Monday, might as well take a shot at getting tickets.

The Larch

So, I've just registered at the website for the show in the hope of grabbing tickets for the show.  :) Anybody else going? Languish meet up for the ocasion?  :P

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

mongers

Quote from: The Larch on November 24, 2013, 04:28:45 PM
So, I've just registered at the website for the show in the hope of grabbing tickets for the show.  :) Anybody else going? Languish meet up for the ocasion?  :P

That's not a bad idea, what with the TdFrance starting here a few days later.

Save I guess the chance of even one Languishite getting a ticket is pretty low, let alone several of us.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: The Larch on November 21, 2013, 05:28:21 PM

Don't know for sure, I was talking off the top of my head, I only know that he has been married several times.

Yeah, he's got a million bucks a year in alimony to just one of them.

John Cleese: Monty Python reunion will pay alimony

John Cleese admits the upcoming Monty Python reunion will be extra income to help him pay his ex-wife Alyce.

The 74-year-old funnyman is to reunite with the legendary comedy troupe for a one-off show at London's The O2 in London next year and while he insists he isn't doing the lucrative reunion for money, John admits he is in need of the extra income to pay ex-wife Alyce Faye Eichelberger more than £600,000 a year.

John has been trying to pay Alyce nearly £8 million in money and assets over the last four years, following their divorce in 2008, and is obligated to pay her £612,000 annually until 2016.

He told The Sun newspaper: ''I was comfortably off seven years ago and could have probably spent my time writing. But you don't get paid very well for writing.

''I've had to do a lot of stage performances because I needed the money for alimony. I would like to reach the point where I can decide what work I do without even having to consider how much they pay.''

The 'Fawlty Towers' star, who married fourth wife Jennifer Wade in 2012, also admitted his new spouse helped convince him to reunite with his fellow Pythons, Terry Gilliam, 72, Terry Jones, 71, Eric Idle, 70, and Michael Palin, 70, for the stage show after meeting his colleagues over dinner in August.

He told The Sun newspaper: ''All the wives came along and we went for dinner. She adored them - it's a nice sort of family.''
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 24, 2013, 11:59:34 PM
Clearly the lesson's never marry an American.

Especially an Okie.  They are experts at thievery.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on November 25, 2013, 12:05:53 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 24, 2013, 11:59:34 PM
Clearly the lesson's never marry an American.

Especially an Okie.  They are experts at thievery.
Cleese is not happy with that woman, 'I got off lightly. Think what I'd have had to pay Alyce if she had contributed anything to the relationship—such as children, or a conversation.'
Let's bomb Russia!

The Larch

Maladict

Maladict

Maladict

Tamas

The Larch

Damn, I left it as impossible two hours ago! Crossing my fingers!