News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Favorite Film Soundtracks?

Started by Queequeg, November 19, 2013, 06:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Quote from: DGuller on November 20, 2013, 12:13:53 AM
Hitchcock's movies all tend to have good soundtracks.  The first time I watched North by Northwest, I was pretty struck by the sound track, and the timing of it.
Bernard Hermann :wub:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 20, 2013, 12:17:13 AM
Quote from: Drakken on November 20, 2013, 12:09:09 AM
Das Boot, by Klaus Doldinger

Seriously?  :huh:

I remember thinking while watching Das Boot that it was a great movie, marred only by the incredibly cheesy and cheap sounding synthesizer sound track.

Synthesizers were only used during a couple scenes.  Das Boot also has the Tipperary song (Red Army version, no less!), the night club music, and a couple other good French songs. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

frunk

I'll throw in two by Michael Kamen, Brazil and Band of Brothers (not a movie but I don't care).

The Brain

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Conan the Barbarian, The Thing...
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Blues Brothers - good call.

Got me thinking about The Commitments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7CHPM0AUfw

and Eddy and the Cruisers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkMKpZlh1Ng

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Duque de Bragança

Carpenter's Assault on Precinct 13 is my favourite, from his movies.

I also like very much the Robocop theme.

Syt

A lot of good soundtracks already mentioned. I throw Sergio Leone's soundtracks for the Dollar Trilogy and Once Upon A Time In The West.

Special mention for the unsettlingly chipper music in Cannibal Holocaust during the hut burning scene.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock