Favorite Film Soundtracks?

Started by Queequeg, November 19, 2013, 06:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Pulp Fiction. Because it kicks ass.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: The Larch on November 19, 2013, 08:15:58 PM

Great call. IIRC the trailer that gave me a massive boner for Pulp Fiction was nothing but a black screen with surf guitar in the background then the title.

The Larch

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 19, 2013, 08:18:33 PM
Quote from: The Larch on November 19, 2013, 08:15:58 PM

Great call. IIRC the trailer that gave me a massive boner for Pulp Fiction was nothing but a black screen with surf guitar in the background then the title.

You mean like in the opening credits?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI1yt38A9-E

Queequeg

That's Misirlou (Turkish for Egyptian).  It's a traditional Greek song about an eastern Greek wanting to dick a Muslim Egyptian girl.  Dick Dale was IIRC Assyrian American, and someone bet he couldn't play a song with two chords, so he played a song he learned as a kid. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Darth Wagtaros

AFter Star Wars and Indiana Jones, I'd say Krull.
PDH!

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Savonarola

The Godfather, Superfly, The Harder They Come
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Phillip V

Savonarola

The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly :alberta:
A Fistful of Dollars :alberta:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Neil

Star Wars was a monster soundtrack.

Last of the Mohicans.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Neil on November 19, 2013, 09:40:35 PM
Last of the Mohicans.
God, yes :wub:

Edit: Also I don't remember the music in the rest of the film but the Tubular Bells-Exorcist opening is perfect.

Edit: Also all Goblin-Argento collaborations. Especially Tenebre.
Let's bomb Russia!

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 19, 2013, 09:42:18 PM
Edit: Also all Goblin-Argento collaborations. Especially Tenebre.

Oh yeah. :swiss:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)