News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

"You Might Be a Redneck"... ugh

Started by Caliga, June 02, 2009, 07:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Quote from: Caliga on June 02, 2009, 07:54:24 AM
The thing is that it's debatable whether or not this guy is actually a redneck.  He's originally from Evansville, Indiana, started his career off designing semiconductors (IIRC) for Texas Instruments, and now is an engineer at Lexmark.
How could he be anything but a redneck?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Maximus on June 02, 2009, 09:55:43 AM
How could he be anything but a redneck?

Yeah I don't get how redneck = Southern. There's farmboys all over the place.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 02, 2009, 09:19:18 AM
maybe that's the America-hating, commie pinko northeastern elitist in me talking.

There's no maybe about it, JEW. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Siege

That redneck bullshit is completely stupid.
I really, REALLY, hate people that are constantly trying to mix their religion with America.
Oh, "I treat veterans with respect."
Why don't you serve in the army and become a veteran yourself, mothefucker?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on June 02, 2009, 09:41:19 AM
You might be a redneck if ... you eat at gas stations and love it.

:P

I love how I alternately am a redneck/Southerner and am NOT a redneck/Southerner on Languish depending on which angle is more insulting at the time.  :cool:

...and I agree it's totally incorrect to conflate the two.

Caliga

Quote from: Siege on June 02, 2009, 10:51:35 AM
That redneck bullshit is completely stupid.
I really, REALLY, hate people that are constantly trying to mix their religion with America.
Oh, "I treat veterans with respect."
Why don't you serve in the army and become a veteran yourself, mothefucker?

Although I'm quite certain the guy that sent me that didn't actually write it, he did a USMC tour in Vietnam. ^_^

He's old and fat now tho.  :blush:

Siege

Quote from: Valmy on June 02, 2009, 09:31:19 AM
Is there a place where you can look up the state of origin of the military personnel?  That would be interesting.

It doesn't matter. The rednecks that join the army stop being so the moment they join.
Well, is a long process that ussually takes more than one enlistment and more than one deployment, but the army is very succesful at opening their eyes to the wide world.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

BuddhaRhubarb

not even funny in an ironic way. Just silly. I think buddy is trying to "take back" Redneck, as if you could turn it into a non pejorative. good luck with that.
:p

The Brain

QuoteYou might be a redneck if:   You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

No that means you are gay.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on June 02, 2009, 10:52:26 AM

I love how I alternately am a redneck/Southerner and am NOT a redneck/Southerner on Languish depending on which angle is more insulting at the time.  :cool:

It's an equal opportunity world out there.  :yes:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Quote from: Malthus on June 02, 2009, 09:41:19 AM
You might be a redneck if ... you eat at gas stations and love it.

:P

...and I agree it's totally incorrect to conflate the two.
Don't worry.  I'll always think of you as a repressed homosexual.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Anyone who calls you not a redneck/southerner as an insult suffers from delusions. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Anyway, I suppose we are all rednecks today! :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on June 02, 2009, 02:17:39 PM
Anyone who calls you not a redneck/southerner as an insult suffers from delusions. :(

I agree, katmai is delusional.  :)