And we're back!

Main Menu

"You Might Be a Redneck"... ugh

Started by Caliga, June 02, 2009, 07:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

Quote from: Caliga on June 02, 2009, 07:54:24 AM
He's originally from Evansville, Indiana

Then he's a god DAMNED carpetbagging Yankee and in no way, shape, or form a redneck.

GTFO OF THE SOUTH YANKEES

Ed Anger

Quote from: Fireblade on June 02, 2009, 09:06:02 AM

Then he's a god DAMNED carpetbagging Yankee and in no way, shape, or form a redneck.

Squee
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Fireblade

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 02, 2009, 09:07:23 AM

Squee

Meow?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Fireblade on June 02, 2009, 09:10:36 AM

Squee

Meow?

I thought you was doing a Lettow "Yankees are Carpetbaggers" joke.

The Minsky Moment

Let me get this straight.

This guy is saying that if he was confronted by a dozen terrorists threatening his life, his first choice for backup would be 6 guys armed with tire irons and squirrel guns?

Personally I think I would prefer a battalion of marines, but maybe that's the America-hating, commie pinko northeastern elitist in me talking.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 02, 2009, 09:13:17 AM
Quote from: Fireblade on June 02, 2009, 09:10:36 AM

Squee

Meow?

I thought you was doing a Lettow "Yankees are Carpetbaggers" joke.
Lettow and Fireblade are mostly the same guy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 02, 2009, 09:19:18 AM

This guy is saying that if he was confronted by a dozen terrorists threatening his life, his first choice for backup would be 6 guys armed with tire irons and squirrel guns?

Personally I think I would prefer a battalion of marines, but maybe that's the America-hating, commie pinko northeastern elitist in me talking.

Maybe he wants to give the terrorists a fair fight, in the name of good old American fair play.

Neil would, of course, be backed up by a flotilla of Canadian Dreadnoughts.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

But aren't the marines themselves rednecks?  After all, few people join the Marines because they hate America.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Valmy on June 02, 2009, 09:23:50 AM
Maybe he wants to give the terrorists a fair fight.

I knew it.  The rednecks are soft of terrorism.

round em up and send em to Gitmo before they all surrender to al Qaeda.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Neil on June 02, 2009, 09:25:20 AM
[But aren't the marines themselves rednecks? 

Perhaps.  But they are properly armed, drilled, and led rednecks.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on June 02, 2009, 09:25:20 AM
But aren't the marines themselves rednecks?  After all, few people join the Marines because they hate America.
No, rednecks mostly join the army.  The army likes to recruit 'em big and dumb.  Rednecks by and large aren't all that big, but they are dumb enough that they don't have to be all that big.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Is there a place where you can look up the state of origin of the military personnel?  That would be interesting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Translation:

Use your god given constitutional rights and shoot the motherfuckers.

Malthus

You might be a redneck if ... you eat at gas stations and love it.

:P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius