News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops 2013

Started by PDH, November 09, 2013, 06:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 13, 2014, 08:44:29 PM
They're getting it done tonight.  WVU's year is about over.

Yeah this is not what I expected.  WVU must still be tired from their game against OSU.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Berkut, I think you are seeing with Michigan what I talked about earlier:  play a tough OOC schedule, take some losses, but learn to deal with adversity.  Michigan is ranked #25, but has knocked off the #3 team on the road, and the #10 team at home, and is undefeated in Big Ten play.  The showdown this Saturday at #3 MSU is playing with house money; even a loss there will not hurt Michigan much, and the post-McGary Michigan lineup will get exactly the test it needs.  The Big Ten is about defending home court and winning a couple big road games.  Michigan has one of the two big road wins it needs, and nobody else in the conference has done so.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on January 22, 2014, 09:35:35 PM
Berkut, I think you are seeing with Michigan what I talked about earlier:  play a tough OOC schedule, take some losses, but learn to deal with adversity.  Michigan is ranked #25, but has knocked off the #3 team on the road, and the #10 team at home, and is undefeated in Big Ten play.  The showdown this Saturday at #3 MSU is playing with house money; even a loss there will not hurt Michigan much, and the post-McGary Michigan lineup will get exactly the test it needs.  The Big Ten is about defending home court and winning a couple big road games.  Michigan has one of the two big road wins it needs, and nobody else in the conference has done so.

Yep, I cannot agree more - this is the model that Olson preached at Arizona, and I am very glad Miller has embraced it.

Play some touch games OOC, because if you are good, you will win some as well, and a decent record against excellent opponents does not hurt you at all come tourney selection time. And more importantly, it gets you ready for conference play, which is what really matters. Win at home, split on the road+1 is typically a conference winning formula.

Of course, Arizona this year is simplifying things a bit by just winning every game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

26 seconds left. Meat chicken is making their free throws, but Sparty keeps dropping 3s. Fun game.

MadBurgerMaker

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 25, 2014, 09:14:10 PM
26 seconds left. Meat chicken is making their free throws, but Sparty keeps dropping 3s. Fun game.
Meat chicken?  :huh:  :lmfao:

Yeah, it is a great game, but MSU doesn't have two stars, while Michigan is only down one star. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on January 25, 2014, 09:22:25 PM
Nice win for Michigan.
Absolutely huge for the conference title.  That's the two road wins M needed against the major competitors, so they aren't screwed if they drop an unexpected loss, like last year.

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Butler's struggles in the Big East gives me the giggles.

Fuck Butler.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Here's a stat I like: Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin, & Michigan State have a combined 39-5 record at home this year. Michigan is responsible for 4 of those losses.

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Sorry Berk, was hoping for Cats to keep streak going.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

I would have been surprised if they didn't drop one in Cali. They are a very good team, but they have vulnerabilities, and at some point it was going to catch up with them. You just aren't going to go undefeated in the Pac-12, not anymore. And when you are #1 and undefeated, every team you face comes out playing their very best. Cal was just ridiculous in the that game. Everything they threw up went in. Shrug.

Nick Johnson just had a terrible night as well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

Wyoming beats number 5 San Diego State in Laramie.  This team has scrapped all year, and lost a few by very close margins, so it is good to see they pulled this one out.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM