News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops 2013

Started by PDH, November 09, 2013, 06:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Enjoyed seeing UK get beaten tonight.  If Kansas can hold on to beat Duke (on a game that Dukie Vitale is calling, no less) I'll be even happier.  Might even forget about WVU losing that tough game to Va Tech tonight.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Two fun games to watch last night.  I was happy to see that Wiggins deals with the pressure of his notoriety well.  I especially liked to see how he imposed himself on the game in the final minutes.

Watching Kentucky lose was a big bonus.

Berkut

Jabari Parker.
Jabari Parker.
Jabari Parker.
Jabari Parker.
Jabari Parker.
Jabari Parker.
Duke
Duke
Duke
Parker.

Blahfuckingblahfuckingblah.

Teams win games, I would not trade any Arizona starter for any Duke starter, and that includes Parker.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

I haven't really been paying attention this year, anyone know how Arizona is doing?

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on December 09, 2013, 08:50:43 PM
I haven't really been paying attention this year, anyone know how Arizona is doing?

Getting ready to be upset in the second round by 8th seeded Texas looks like.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

They need someone like Jabari Parker

Berkut

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 10, 2013, 10:58:02 AM

They need someone like Jabari Parker

If only.

I was briefly considering driving to Ann Arbor for the Michigan game. It is about 6 hours across the Desolation of Canada to the Greater Desolation of Detroit.

0 rows returned

Berkut

That was one hell of a game at Michigan today. Gritty and hard fought. I thought that Arizona was toast when Michigan was in the bonus with 8 minutes left and a 8 point lead.

0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on December 14, 2013, 06:07:50 PM
That was one hell of a game at Michigan today. Gritty and hard fought. I thought that Arizona was toast when Michigan was in the bonus with 8 minutes left and a 8 point lead.
I was pretty pleased with that game, even with the result being what it was.  You gotta play the best to be the best, and a very young Michigan team saw exactly what they need to do if they want to go the distance come the Big ten tournament and the Big Dance.  Arizona played to its strengths very well, and Michigan couldn't find a way to stop them from getting offensive rebounds.  That was the difference.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

That was definitely a fun game to watch. 

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on December 14, 2013, 07:29:27 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 14, 2013, 06:07:50 PM
I was pretty pleased with that game, even with the result being what it was.  You gotta play the best to be the best, and a very young Michigan team saw exactly what they need to do if they want to go the distance come the Big ten tournament and the Big Dance.  Arizona played to its strengths very well, and Michigan couldn't find a way to stop them from getting offensive rebounds.  That was the difference.

I don't see anyone stopping Arizona on the glass. The only issue I had with Arizona's play was they didn't take it back strong to the bucket, and we would see shot-rebound-shot-rebound-shot-rebound. With the size Arizona has in the paint, they need to finish those bunny shots. If they had done that, it would have been a much more "comfortable" game, even with the Wolverines seemingly hitting 3's whenever they wanted.

Michigan was a very good team, and I am kind of puzzled how they dropped 3 other games.

0 rows returned

derspiess

My brother & I are driving up with our boys tomorrow to go watch the WVU-Oklahoma State game in Morgantown.  Been ages since I saw a game there.  WVU is 2-0 so far in Big 12 conference play, albeit against the two weakest teams in the conference. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on January 10, 2014, 09:59:04 AM
My brother & I are driving up with our boys tomorrow to go watch the WVU-Oklahoma State game in Morgantown.  Been ages since I saw a game there.  WVU is 2-0 so far in Big 12 conference play, albeit against the two weakest teams in the conference. 

Texas has had a brutal start.  State of Oklahoma 2 Texas 0 :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Man must win tonight against the fightin' Hugginses.  Texas cannot start 1-3 in this murderer's row of conferences.

derspiess

They're getting it done tonight.  WVU's year is about over.