News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Hoops 2013

Started by PDH, November 09, 2013, 06:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Time for this.

Wyoming is 1-0 for the season, beating a formerly undefeated UT-Martin squad that is now 0-1.  As long as no Wyoming player kicks someone in the head in a late night bar fight this year the team should do better than last year.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

No idea what to expect from UDub, they lost three seniors from a mediocre 18-16 team, have a couple of transfers and highly touted frosh guard, but who knows what will happen.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Arizona has ridiculously high expectations.

I mean, they are going to be very good, but there are a lot of freshman on this team, and I don't care how highly touted you are, freshman and still (mostly) freshman.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

Texas still has Rick Barnes coaching, so.....welp.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PDH on November 09, 2013, 06:17:36 PM
Time for this.

Wyoming is 1-0 for the season, beating a formerly undefeated UT-Martin squad that is now 0-1.  As long as no Wyoming player kicks someone in the head in a late night bar fight this year the team should do better than last year.
:lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Last time I checked the Hoyas were getting clobbered by Oregon at Camp Humphries, Korea.  No idea who's on the team this year.

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Hey, my Wright State Raiders get the honor of being buttraped by the Hoyas on the 13th.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 09, 2013, 08:12:49 PM
Time for this.

Lenny Bias is still dead.

You are living in the past.  If I was I would be singing the praises of Kenny Sailors (look him up).
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

Well, after last night it is apparent that this is all I have now.  Go Pokes!
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

sbr

Quote from: PDH on November 09, 2013, 09:10:49 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 09, 2013, 08:12:49 PM
Time for this.

Lenny Bias is still dead.

You are living in the past.  If I was I would be singing the praises of Kenny Sailors (look him up).

What about Fennis Dembo?  :cry:

PDH

Quote from: sbr on November 10, 2013, 10:32:36 AM

What about Fennis Dembo?  :cry:

Oh those were the years.  I was first at the University, Wyoming went to the NCAAs regularly.  The beer flowed like wine after the defeat of UCLA and Reggie Miller I can tell you.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on November 09, 2013, 06:48:59 PM
Arizona has ridiculously high expectations.

I mean, they are going to be very good, but there are a lot of freshman on this team, and I don't care how highly touted you are, freshman and still (mostly) freshman.

Ditto for Michigan.  They were the youngest team in The Dance last year, and will be even younger this year.  Of the fifteen men on the team, 6 are freshmen and 6 are sophomores.  There is one senior, one junior,, and one redshirt sophomore.

Overall-talent-wise, they are probably better than the national championship game team last year, but will require the same kind of luck that last year's team had if they want to get deep into the tournament.  I think that this year's team will require more coaching, since it lacks the superstar player, but it has the skills and depth needed to match up with pretty much anyone.

My prediction is that they will win a share of the Big Ten championship and fall in the round of sixteen.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 09, 2013, 08:11:22 PM
Last time I checked the Hoyas were getting clobbered by Oregon at Camp Humphries, Korea.  No idea who's on the team this year.

This is probably why I thought you went to Georgetown.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Texas overcomes mighty South Alabama.

The plan this year seems to be to run a zone until Texas gets behind and then switch to man-to-man and win.  I am not sure why we just skip the part where we play zone and just go right to the plan that wins but maybe this is how Barnes gets his opponents to become complacent.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."