News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

ECB and Inflation

Started by The Minsky Moment, November 06, 2013, 02:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Character assassination is odd thing to say when I point out Belgium doesn't pay it's share of defense spending.  And morality is an odd way of looking at things when Greece's chief crime was being in to small a boat to survive the wave.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 30, 2015, 07:39:00 PM
I don't think they're going to make their goal. :(

Kicktarter Greek Bailout

They should have spelled Kickstarter right if they wanted more people to see it.  Also, actually put it on Kickstarter.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on June 30, 2015, 07:41:57 PM
Character assassination is odd thing to say when I point out Belgium doesn't pay it's share of defense spending.  And morality is an odd way of looking at things when Greece's chief crime was being in to small a boat to survive the wave.

Greece's chief crime was borrowing more money than they could repay.  Or were willing to pay.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2015, 07:44:41 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 30, 2015, 07:41:57 PM

Greece's chief crime was borrowing more money than they could repay.  Or were willing to pay.

The same crisis hit Ireland as well,  what was their crime?  Greece did borrow a lot of money, but that wasn't what caused it go under.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on June 30, 2015, 07:47:00 PM
The same crisis hit Ireland as well,  what was their crime?  Greece did borrow a lot of money, but that wasn't what caused it go under.

Ireland's crime was not watching their banks.

What caused Greece to go under Raz?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2015, 07:51:15 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 30, 2015, 07:47:00 PM

Ireland's crime was not watching their banks.

What caused Greece to go under Raz?

The 2008 financial crisis and following recession.  It was a big wave and smaller nations with small economy had their boats overturned.

Admiral Yi

Right.  The George Bush theory of original sin.   :D

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2015, 07:57:27 PM
Right.  The George Bush theory of original sin.   :D

Are you suggesting that it's just some coincidence that these economies fell apart in 2008?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on June 30, 2015, 07:58:36 PM
Are you suggesting that it's just some coincidence that these economies fell apart in 2008?

I'm suggesting that when a country has 130% debt and a 19% deficit it's only a matter of time.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2015, 07:59:46 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 30, 2015, 07:58:36 PM

I'm suggesting that when a country has 130% debt and a 19% deficit it's only a matter of time.

Did Ireland have 130% debt and 19% deficit prior to the collapse?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on June 30, 2015, 08:00:48 PM
Did Ireland have 130% debt and 19% deficit prior to the collapse?

I think Ireland had an even crazier debt/GDP after it bailed out its banks' creditors.

Razgovory

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

So it's just a coincidence that Ireland and Greece both had economic trouble at the exact same time?  Along with the other small economies of Europe.  That "Matter of time" just happened to hit all at once?  No external stimuli?

Admiral Yi

There was definitely a relation with Teh World's Greatest Recession.