Air France airliner with 228 aboard disappears over the Atlantic

Started by Caliga, June 01, 2009, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: Habsburg on June 03, 2009, 07:48:41 PM
I find it dubious there was no Cockpit to ATC distress call.

To me this signals an immediate and catastrophic event.  The electronic signals to Paris (four minutes) is odd on this account.  One would expect a quick fall from the sky in this scenerio.

The other possibility is a catastrophic depressurization of the cabin, which may have killed or knocked out everyone.  The plane then flew slowly into the Atlantic (hence the four minute signal without a cockpit mayday.)

I don't know, ideas formed from different pieces of info I've read.

Bomb. :yes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Caliga

Quote from: katmai on June 03, 2009, 08:33:52 PM
Playing FS doesn't make you a NTSB qualifed to make such silly claims ya fruit.

In this case I'm relying on my Sherlock Holmes-like powers of deductive reasoning.  :bowler:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Siege

Quote from: garbon on June 03, 2009, 07:40:35 PM
I'm going to make a collect call to Timmay on my homophone.

:lmfao:  Dude, I fucking spilled the dam beer on my keyboard.
You fucking owe me, bitch!  :lol:

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Quote from: Habsburg on June 03, 2009, 07:48:41 PM
I find it dubious there was no Cockpit to ATC distress call.

To me this signals an immediate and catastrophic event.  The electronic signals to Paris (four minutes) is odd on this account.  One would expect a quick fall from the sky in this scenerio.

The other possibility is a catastrophic depressurization of the cabin, which may have killed or knocked out everyone.  The plane then flew slowly into the Atlantic (hence the four minute signal without a cockpit mayday.)

I don't know, ideas formed from different pieces of info I've read.

It was a terrorist attack by muslims.

They can hide it all they want, but we all know what really happened.

On the other hand, I do agree that with the current economic situation, is better to hide from the public that muslim terrorists can blow up planes like that.

Habsburg

Well Air France had a bomb threat three days earlier on their Buenos Aires-Paris flight.

Still could have gone down this way:  Plane hits severe turbulence, catastrophic event (complete depressure or plane breaks up or both) plane breaks up going down (quickly) storm spreads out oil slick and debris.  Transmitter floats for a few, still sending signals.

Very odd though, between Iberia-TAP-Air France-TAM-Aerolineas Argentina and others, dozens of flights go through that area daily.

Siege

Quote from: Habsburg on June 03, 2009, 11:14:27 PM
Very odd though, between Iberia-TAP-Air France-TAM-Aerolineas Argentina and others, dozens of flights go through that area daily.

Exactly. That's the whole point.

Fireblade

The Jews did it.

Also:

QuoteFERNANDO DE NORONHA, Brazil – An airplane seat, a fuel slick and pieces of white debris scattered over three miles of open ocean marked the site in the mid-Atlantic Tuesday where Air France Flight 447 plunged to its doom, Brazil's defense minister said.

edit: FAIL corrected

Habsburg

Siege

Quote from: Habsburg on June 03, 2009, 11:31:03 PM
If it was a bomb they can run tests on the debris.

In the water, in the middle of the ocean?

Zanza

What's the point of a terror attack that is not easily identifiable as one if you don't tell anybody later? If it was a bomb, why not let it explode over land?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zanza2 on June 04, 2009, 12:46:53 AM
What's the point of a terror attack that is not easily identifiable as one if you don't tell anybody later? If it was a bomb, why not let it explode over land?
Even if it wasn't downed by terrorism, I'm surprised no one claimed responsibility for the destruction. It would be hard to prove them wrong I'd think.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Should I call up the FBI and tell them it was Jaron's fault?  :)