Air France airliner with 228 aboard disappears over the Atlantic

Started by Caliga, June 01, 2009, 05:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Breaking news on CNN.  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

QuoteAir France flight with 228 people aboard dropped off radar today on route from Rio de Janeiro to Paris, the airline said.

Caliga

Quote(CNN) -- A French passenger aircraft carrying 228 people has disappeared from radar off the coast of Brazil, airline officials say.
A file photo shows an Air France jet on take off. Some 228 passengers are aboard the missing aircraft.

Air France told CNN the jet was traveling from Rio de Janeiro to Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris when it vanished.

The airline said flight AF447 was carrying 216 passengers in addition to a crew of 12.

French media said the aircraft was an Airbus A330-200.

State radio reported a crisis center was being set up at Charles de Galle where the plane had been due to land at 11.15 a.m. local time.

Airport officials in Rio declined to comment on the incident.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on June 01, 2009, 05:28:05 AM

I keep telling you people those things go down.  Airbus = Airaccident.

Caliga

This is a little fishy, though (pun not intended).

When planes have issues mid-flight there is usually at least some communication with ATC.  The apparent lack of any implies a mid-air explosion.  This might be TERRA.

Caliga

Also, the latest CNN update said they're looking for the aircraft around Fernando de Noronha island, which is like hundreds of miles into the Atlantic.

Caliga

QuoteMissing jet reported short-circuit after turbulence
Mon Jun 1, 2009 7:48am EDT

PARIS, June 1 (Reuters) - Air France said on Monday a plane that went missing on the way from Brazil to Paris had sent a message at 0214 GMT reporting an electrical short-circuit, after it had flown through a stormy area with strong turbulence.

Flight AF 447 from Rio de Janeiro to Paris went missing with 228 people on board. It left Rio de Janeiro on Sunday at 7 p.m. (2200 GMT) and had been expected to land at Paris Charles de Gaulle airport on Monday at 11:15 a.m. (0915 GMT). (Reporting by Estelle Shirbon; editing by Crispian Balmer)

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2009, 05:29:58 AM
Quote from: Caliga on June 01, 2009, 05:28:05 AM

I keep telling you people those things go down.  Airbus = Airaccident.
Airbus is rather terrible, isn't it.  There's just some things you can't trust a Euro to do.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Is it me or does that CNN international host probably has giant boobs?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on June 01, 2009, 08:04:24 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 01, 2009, 08:00:37 AM
Is it me or does that CNN international host probably has giant boobs?

Name plz.

I don't know, she looks Indian/Pakistani. She's got a British accent.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Norgy

Look on the bright side. Atlantis is in the Atlantic, and these people will end up there and have exciting adventures, even when pronounced dead. I'm sure.