HOI2: Armageddon and Deus Vult?

Started by vinraith, June 01, 2009, 01:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 02, 2009, 05:46:01 PM
Quote from: PDH on June 01, 2009, 06:23:14 PM
You had to say that name...

Guy makes a good mod.   :mellow:

Yeah, even if it is a bit too deterministic. It would have been interesting to see what could have been done if Victoria had EU3's event engine. OHGamer's working on the Vic source code, though, so perhaps we'll see that eventually.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: vinraith on June 06, 2009, 10:01:32 PM
Picked up DV, still holding off on Armageddon pending the discovery of a good single player centered mod.

I"ve heard good things about Kaisserreich: Legacy of the Great War.
I've heard likewise for HOI: WIF
Still have to test them though.
Have been plaing mod 34: it's pretty good so far, though it suffers from broken english.

Tamas

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 07, 2009, 03:59:17 AM

I"ve heard good things about Kaisserreich: Legacy of the Great War.

OMG my pants are a greater-hungary factory.

Ed Anger

I tried Kaisserreich: Legacy of the Great War in a fit of boredom. Even went through the hassle of the mod manager thing.

Wasn't really worth it. Everybody mostly just sat there while events fired and forced the AI to do stuff.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 07, 2009, 09:24:31 AM
Wasn't really worth it. Everybody mostly just sat there while events fired and forced the AI to do stuff.

That was also my experience.  It was fun for a bit, but the fact that there never seemed to be a "world war" of any note was just silly.  The only wars I ever ended up having were Germany vs. France/Britain/Italy--wherein France was eventually overrun.

The 2nd Civil War for the USA is also pretty stupid.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on June 07, 2009, 10:18:08 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 07, 2009, 09:24:31 AM

That was also my experience.  It was fun for a bit, but the fact that there never seemed to be a "world war" of any note was just silly.  The only wars I ever ended up having were Germany vs. France/Britain/Italy--wherein France was eventually overrun.

The 2nd Civil War for the USA is also pretty stupid.
You can have a fun game as Germany early on though. An early war with France, Italy and Poland can be pretty tough.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Crazy_Ivan80

it's good to hear some other opinions on that. HAdn't tried it yet.
From what I gathered it seems more like a story that is told rather than a real WW

Palisadoes

Quote from: garbon on June 02, 2009, 06:13:19 PMNo need to mention his name. :mellow:
What's wrong with using his username?

Neil

Quote from: Palisadoes on June 07, 2009, 09:37:23 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 02, 2009, 06:13:19 PMNo need to mention his name. :mellow:
He's rather poorly regarded due to his snivelling and general cuntish behavior.

Also, his posting in pink is laughable.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Palisadoes

Quote from: Neil on June 07, 2009, 09:57:43 PM
Quote from: Palisadoes on June 07, 2009, 09:37:23 PM
He's rather poorly regarded due to his snivelling and general cuntish behavior.

Also, his posting in pink is laughable.
Ahh right.

The pink posting - well he's gay, isn't he? Not meaning to stereotype or anything, but isn't pink (or purple?) the colour for gay pride?

saskganesh

PINK is in fact the colour of elephants when one is sniffing ether.

humans were created in their own image

garbon

Quote from: Palisadoes on June 07, 2009, 10:05:46 PM
The pink posting - well he's gay, isn't he? Not meaning to stereotype or anything, but isn't pink (or purple?) the colour for gay pride?

:rolleyes:

Perhaps you can apologize and we'll forget the whole thing ever happened.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Martinus and garbon have soured us on gays.  Well, Sheilbh is alright, because he's one of those old school gays that has class.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Palisadoes

Quote from: garbon on June 08, 2009, 01:35:51 AM

:rolleyes:

Perhaps you can apologize and we'll forget the whole thing ever happened.
Is that offensive? Sorry if so. I just thought that perhaps the reason for that choice of colour was due to that, another indication, as it were? I don't know his reasoning, I was just suggesting what I thought it might be. But again, sorry if you got offended by that, though I did say I wasn't meaning to stereotype.

saskganesh

this is languish. stereotypes are part of the sound system.
humans were created in their own image