News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

HOI2: Armageddon and Deus Vult?

Started by vinraith, June 01, 2009, 01:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Faeelin

WiF is supposed to make Armageddon harder, and create a more balanced war. It comes closer than the other HOI2 mods, IMO.

vinraith

Quote from: PDH on June 01, 2009, 06:23:14 PM
You had to say that name...

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 01, 2009, 03:45:11 PM
Quote from: vinraith on June 01, 2009, 02:39:25 PM
Sounds good. I see that I'm supposed to install 0.1, then 0.2, then the hotfixes, but the link to 0.1 appears to be dead. Anyone know where I can find it? Also, do I need OHgamer's hotfixes for Vicky:R is I'm planning to run VIP:R?

If you are running VIP, I don't think you need the hotfixes for vanilla revolutions.  Just follow the install order in OHgamer's sig.  If the link to 0.1 at the Paradox site doesn't work, you can try the dedicated mod site (also in the signature).

Got it. Thanks for your help, TMM. :cheers:

Faelin: I'll check that out.

sbr

I think Armageddon is worth the $5 for the mods that are available for it.

In the limited time i spent with CK I think the in-game ledger and bride finder you get with DV are worth the $15 if nothing else.

vinraith

Quote from: sbr on June 01, 2009, 10:04:47 PM
I think Armageddon is worth the $5 for the mods that are available for it.

Any specific suggestions? I'm only really interested in SP play.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Palisadoes

Deus Vult greatly improves Crusader Kings. As for the Armageddon "booster pack", well since the source code has been given out for private developers, the new patches have made Armageddon a prerequisite for a great improvement.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

I went  straight from base HOI2 to with both packs so can't totally say but...most of the stuff did seem to be with Doomsday.

DV is good though, makes a true sort of CK 1 1/2.
I can't recall ever finding a bride finder with that though...
██████
██████
██████

saskganesh

Quote from: Neil on June 05, 2009, 07:55:03 AM
Deus Vult lacks dreadnoughts.

indeed. it has no navies whatsoever.
humans were created in their own image

PRC

Quote from: Tyr on June 05, 2009, 09:50:28 AM
I can't recall ever finding a bride finder with that though...

It's on the ledger.

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

vinraith

Picked up DV, still holding off on Armageddon pending the discovery of a good single player centered mod.