News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Halloween 2013

Started by Sophie Scholl, October 26, 2013, 04:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

SO last night Andrew, of course had no clue what was going on.  I took him to three houses, then took him tome.

Timmy however knew EXACTLY what was going on, and loved it.  We went around the cul-de-sac, and he wanted to keep going.  So we started down a neighboring street for awhile.  Eventually though his little bucket got heavy for him, and he wanted to head home.  He stuffed himself with candy, but then was very into giving out candy.  He'd sit by the front steps waiting for kids to come by.  :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Henry and David had an awesome time.  In one of those inexplicable David moments he remarked last month he wanted to be a blue M&M for Halloween.  So he was a blue M&M and Henry was a red M&M.  People kept complimenting me and my wife on our creativity and we had to tell them it was, in fact, all David's idea.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

We don't go around collecting around my neighborhood since it's old folks that don't give out candy anyway.

We went to my half bro's house & went around collecting with his kids. It was a rough start, Ariel was scared, trembling scared by my bro's zombie mask & it took a good 30mins for her to calm down enough to understand what was going on. She wanted badly to go home, at some point she went & climbed in the car. I did 3 house with her before mommy made everything alright by showing up.

<_<
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

My son won the costume prize at his high school.  He wore a wrecking ball (which he made out of a box and duct tape) and put a picture of Miley Cyrus on the front.

lustindarkness

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 01, 2013, 11:35:51 AM
My son won the costume prize at his high school.  He wore a wrecking ball (which he made out of a box and duct tape) and put a picture of Miley Cyrus on the front.

So he had Miliey riding him?  :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

So Tommy was all down on his costume because nobody in his Kindergarten class had a clue who Cad Bane was.  So he refused to go trick or treating in that costume.  So we dug out a Darth Vader costume my brother had gotten him for Christmas last year. 

Trick or treat got postponed until tonight because of the "wind advisory" :rolleyes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Raz, your niece is absolutely adorable. :wub:

No one in my house dressed up. Kids are too old to go trick-or-treating, and in fact, Riley managed to unintentionally shame a few of the teenagers who came to the door.

She was dolled up because she'd planned to go to the volleyball regional championship game, and then opted not to. Still, she looked very pretty. Three teen boys who were roughly Riley's age, maybe a little older, came to the door in full get-up.

Boys: :w00t: TRICK-OR-TReeeeee......
Riley: :yeahright:
Boys: :mellow: :unsure: :blush: "Trick-or-Treat"
Riley: *hands each boy a sucker*
Boys, walking away: We're really too old for this...
Riley: :lol:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

Grey Fox

Shame on Riley! Free Candy until 16 is a sacred right!

Grey Fox

merithyn

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 01, 2013, 12:28:40 PM
Shame on Riley! Free Candy until 16 is a sacred right!

As they walked away, she said to me, "That's ridiculous. They're old enough to get a job and buy their own candy!" :lol:

lustindarkness

Oh please, I am proud my son has no shame like me, he got a bag full of loot trick or treating without a costume. :punk:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

merithyn

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 01, 2013, 12:32:37 PM
Oh please, I am proud my son has no shame like me, he got a bag full of loot trick or treating without a costume. :punk:

I will give candy to teenagers like that, but I most definitely give them shit for it, too. It was all the more funny that they didn't have to take it from a frumpy, middle-aged woman, and instead got it from a beautiful teen-aged girl. :D

lustindarkness

Quote from: merithyn on November 01, 2013, 12:34:50 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on November 01, 2013, 12:32:37 PM

I will give candy to teenagers like that, but I most definitely give them shit for it, too. It was all the more funny that they didn't have to take it from a frumpy, middle-aged woman, and instead got it from a beautiful teen-aged girl. :D

Oh yeah, I was the first one giving him shit for it at every door (and then stealing his Butterfingers).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom