Started by Syt, October 26, 2013, 12:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 26, 2013, 12:45:54 AM
Bud Light! :wacko:

Overview of favorite beers (and cocktails/shots) per state:

http://intoxicationnation.forhangovers.com/#topbeers

So, Siege is in Oklahoma or Indiana?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

A light beer is their favourite? What is this, Sweden?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

OttoVonBismarck

Well, the graphic claims Blue Moon is America's favorite beer, and Blue Moon is not a light beer.

But that seems to me that is just based on it being voted the favorite in the greatest number of States, but a lot of those States are very low population.

If we were counting by electoral votes it would've been:

Blue Moon: 178
Coors Light: 18
Sam Adams: 67
Corona: 59
Yuengling: 98
Bud Light: 108
Miller Lite: 10

So Blue Moon still would get the largest share even going roughly by population (as EV is the quickest proxy I can create without actually using real population numbers and just playing around with "make your own Electoral College" maps online.) So non-light beers would get 402 EVs, light beers would only get 136.

sbr

Josephus

Does Bud Light even count as beer?

How is American beer like having sex in a canoe?

They're both fucking pretty close to water.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Spicy's microbrew alarm is going off. I'll hide you in my attic.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Blue Moon, you left me standing alone. Without a drink in my hand, without a love of my own.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josephus on October 26, 2013, 06:34:31 PM
Does Bud Light even count as beer?

How is American beer like having sex in a canoe?

They're both fucking pretty close to water.

That was reasonably funny the first 8 times it was posted.

CountDeMoney

I'm partial to all the North American bears myself; black, grizzly, polar, they're all pretty great.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 26, 2013, 06:44:40 PM
Spicy's microbrew alarm is going off. I'll hide you in my attic.

Good thing for you guys (Jos in particular) that I noticed this thread right at the beginning of the baseball game.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 26, 2013, 07:00:16 PM
I'm partial to all the North American bears myself; black, grizzly, polar, they're all pretty great.

You see the pic Palin posted of the bear she killed?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 26, 2013, 08:32:07 PM

You see the pic Palin posted of the bear she killed?

Probably because it didn't want to carry its retarded cub to term.

11B4V

OE, Schlitz, Colt 45?

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Loved those hefty Colt .45 40 ounces in college.  One 40 oz lasted me for quite a while.  :D

Schlitz we got in the tall cans, the way Artie Donovan said God intended.

Richard Hakluyt

There was a fad for Colt 45 and some other similar US beers in the UK back in the seventies, they came in 440ml cans IIRC and were reasonably cheap as this was an active attempt to break into the British market. I think they came in a couple of years after the "Red Revolution" which introduced Watney's red barrel to an unimpressed public.............market share must have seem ripe for the picking; Harp lager, a rather feeble lager made by Guinness was also grabbing market share at the time. Most of these not great beers were later swamped by the revival of real ales and imported beers from the Continent.