News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Theater attendance

Started by Ideologue, October 25, 2013, 03:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many movies do you go see in the theater a year?

20+
3 (9.1%)
10-19
4 (12.1%)
5-9
4 (12.1%)
1-4
16 (48.5%)
Movies are for the plebs
6 (18.2%)
I see the live Jaron sex show whenever I get the chance
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Ideologue

Just curious.  You can count new/theatrical run movies released in your area as VODs, I suppose, since the pricing isn't terribly different and the principle is the same, and stuff like Rifftrax Live and other events I think should count as well just because you're literally there in a theater.

It's obviously 20+ for me (43 so far this year, iirc).  But I get the feeling most of you go far less often, not even in the 10-19 category, probably averaging 5-9. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

I'm probably in the 10-19 category.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Damn Languish is low-brow. I thought this would be about real theater.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Actually I just crunched the numbers and if you count repeat views and the VODs and the Rifftrax Lives, it's 52. :wacko:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

sbr

I can't see the polls options on the mobile version,  but I have been to many more high school drama productions than movies in the last 5 years.  I can't remember the last time I went to s movie theater.

Btw it was my daughter before you all get creepy.

Ideologue

Quote from: sbr on October 25, 2013, 04:15:13 PM
I can't see the polls options on the mobile version,  but I have been to many more high school drama productions than movies in the last 5 years.  I can't remember the last time I went to s movie theater.

[Siegebreaker joke]
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Maybe once or twice a year, if that. 
I hate people with children, groups of teenagers, people who talk loudly on cell phones, couples with their PDAs and most other humans in groups in general, so why go where they all form up and co-mingle in one giant herd?

sbr

Quote from: Ideologue on October 25, 2013, 04:17:10 PM

[Siegebreaker joke]

See edit.

Ideologue

Quote from: sbr on October 25, 2013, 04:18:23 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 25, 2013, 04:17:10 PM

[Siegebreaker joke]

See edit.

There's still a Siegebreaker joke to be made somewhere.
Kinemalogue

Razgovory

Zero or maybe one a year.  The principle is not the same.  I can order a movie on my Kindle without leaving my house.  Or even my bed.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

I thought this was going to be about THeatre.   :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on October 25, 2013, 04:24:20 PM
Zero or maybe one a year.  The principle is not the same.  I can order a movie on my Kindle without leaving my house.  Or even my bed.

If it's new, the principle is the same.  You think I hang out with scumbags at my local megaplex or something?
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

I see lots of movies, but very few in the theater. Haven't been to a play since my drama class made me.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on October 25, 2013, 04:26:24 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 25, 2013, 04:24:20 PM

If it's new, the principle is the same.  You think I hang out with scumbags at my local megaplex or something?

I don't like going outside.   I also don't want to go to the movies alone.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

1-4 for me.  I think in 2013 the total is 2 - Into Darkness and Planes.  My wife really enjoys going out to the movies though, so it was a pretty good go-to date night before we had kids.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.