News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Theater attendance

Started by Ideologue, October 25, 2013, 03:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many movies do you go see in the theater a year?

20+
3 (9.1%)
10-19
4 (12.1%)
5-9
4 (12.1%)
1-4
16 (48.5%)
Movies are for the plebs
6 (18.2%)
I see the live Jaron sex show whenever I get the chance
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Ideologue

Two movies, and they were what was surely the worst Star Trek feature of past, present, or future, and a movie about planes that doesn't even feature area bombing. :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on October 25, 2013, 05:17:15 PM
Two movies, and they were what was surely the worst Star Trek feature of past, present, or future, and a movie about planes that doesn't even feature area bombing. :(

Star Trek V.

Star Trek: Nemesis
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Nemesis ain't good, but it's not only better than Star Trek Into Darkness, it's marginally better than Insurrection.

Final Frontier is an okay movie, but I can't really effectively judge the quality Star Trek against films outside the franchise.  In any event, it is better then Into Darkness, simply by dint of being an actual film.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Zanza

I seem to watch most new movies in airplanes, not in movie theaters...

Admiral Yi

Almost never.  Last time I was in a theater was Star Trek: Teh Reboot.

Can't seem to get off my ass for Gravity either.

Ideologue

Quote from: Zanza on October 25, 2013, 05:27:30 PM
I seem to watch most new movies in airplanes, not in movie theaters...

"For [United 93], choose channel 1.  For [Flight], choose channel 2.  For [Millennium], choose channel 3.  For [The Giant Claw], choose channel 4.  [Airport] was too obvious for this joke."

Quote from: YiCan't seem to get off my ass for Gravity either.

More movie for me.
Kinemalogue

Zanza

The obvious reference would have been Up in the Air, Ide. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1193138/

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

katmai

I'm at 15 so far but have 4 more plan to see in next two weeks not to mention the ones coming out holiday season.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Sheilbh

Used to be over 20. Now far fewer, probably around 10-12.
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Last movie I saw in the theater was the Star Trek remake, just like Yi.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Next poll idea: does having children suck?
Kinemalogue

Caliga

I see something in the neighborhood of 5-9 movies a year in the theater.  Probably won't see another one this year till the Ron Burgundy sequel comes out.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on October 25, 2013, 07:51:32 PM
Next poll idea: does having children suck?

To take to the movies? Sometimes.

Hell is other people's children.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

So no one watches the live Jaron sex show?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.